Chapter 8

Thomas's POV

Finally. Finally, we reached the mountains. 

Nobody saw it until Brenda's hawk vision spotted the outline of the tall mountains.

"There it is," Brenda breathed out. Teresa stared at the mountains.

Minho's mouth curved into a smile. 

"There it is" he echoed. I felt my chest tighten. 

Would he be here? I swallowed, feeling the once familiar rise of panic. 

"They are mountains," Lydia pointed out, pursing her lips. Teresa rolled her eyes at her. 

"They are" she sassed back. Lydia flinched but quieted down when Brenda put her arm up. 

"Let's get a move on," she sighed, starting towards the mountains. I followed after her, only glancing back to see if the pack would follow.  Minho nudged my arm lightly, a grin on his usually stoic face. 

"Let's do this Greenie," he said excitedly. I couldn't help but smile back, nodding. 

The hike up was tiring, we had to stop a few times but we got there when the sun was setting. 

I truly don't know why we decided to help here, I think we all knew this was a dead end. 

"Well?" Scott asks. Minho shoots him a glare, ignoring his words and looking around. It was deserted, but I think the best option we had was to wait out the night before starting to the new city. 

We knew how to get there from the mountains, so it should be a smooth walk. 

"There's not a single shucking person here," Minho states, crossing his arms. 

"Well I mean, that's safer right?" Brenda asked. Minho nods once, walking towards the edge. 

"Get settled, we're sleeping p here till the suns rise," Sonya tells the pack, setting herself against the trunk of a tree. Brenda sits beside Teresa, who also sits down against a tree trunk, sighing. 

The pack seems to deflate a little. I really don't know what they were expecting, I quick and easy trip?

"What?" I questioned, looking at them. Malia shrugs, but Isaac replies. 

"How exactly do you plan on reaching wherever you're heading?" he asks. I frown.

"Walking?" I replied, but I was unsure of what he was exactly asking. He raises a brow. 

"You plan on walking.... how long?" Isaac asks. Minho comes back as if sensing my irritation. 

"It doesn't matter how long shank, we're going" he states, standing in front of me. Isaac looks unsatisfied and that makes Minho frown. "Problem?" he asks, crossing his arms.

Isaac shrugs. 

"It's just... well what exactly are we looking for?" he asks. I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Who" I correct, malice harsh in my tone. 

"Sorry, who are we looking for?" he corrects himself. 

Teresa stood up, walking over. 

"Did you not hear us back at the house?" she asks. "We're looking for Newt dumbass, get with the program yea?" she sassed, stalking back to her place beside Brenda. Isaac's brows furrowed, but he stayed silent. 

Minho let out a huff of laughter. 

"Go to bed Isaac, you're more than welcome to leave if you want," I said, disinterested. Before anyone could say anything, MInho and I walked to the edge of the mountain. 

When we were seated, we were basked in comfortable silence. 

Minho got a branch and dropped it off the cliff. 

"Well, isn't this a familiar sight of nostalgia?" I teased. Minho grinned, rolling his eyes. 

"Tomorrow, we'll reach New city, I swear," I told him. he nodded knowingly. 

Author's Note

Hello!! Hi, thanks for reading my story, sorry I haven't been writing. Sorry, this chapter was a bit short, hopefully, I'll update soon!