⚡N i n e

Chapter | Nine

☆ ☆
☆ ☆

◐∇ I want to breathe, I hate this night

I hate this night.
I want to wake up,
I hate this dream.

|•|•|

My eyes briskly opened as I fought to wipe my vision clearer under the blanket of a dim black sky surrounded by a leafy area when I abruptly got blown by a startling realization that my eyes were already practically trying to adjust the mere oppressive darkness that felt immensely gigantic to withstand. 

As I put an effort into standing up, the bunch of leaves began plunging onto the side of my face; the leaf might be of any color, however, it appears dark to my perception at the moment as it caressed down my jawline as if it was someone's warm palm. I lifted my gape with an expansion of utter reluctance and alarm, hastily wrapping me up bit by bit. Although, I came across nothing, let alone a sky filled with most of the grey skies. 

I could feel sweat compiling on my brows, sooner, in a twinkling of an eye, it trickled down my forehead from my brows like a ghost at séance

A faintly disturbed voice produced from somewhere nearer, leaving me frozen on the ground as if my feet were fused to it and I couldn't help but only open my eyes wider in anticipation. 

"Chase . . ." The same voice emerged once again considering the difference barely to be louder. 

My ears squeaked at the mention of my name. Swallowing down hard, I footed a little further, letting the darkness be visible more than ever and anxiety sprinting through me as if trying to win a marathon and if it ended up losing, my body would collapse right away. 

From nowhere around, a strange living being contacted my feet. At the very instant, a loud, frightened scream tore my mouth, eventually getting me to realize about a mere tiny black spider. 

If you wonder about me having something covered on my feet, well to make you sure of, I had bare feet. 

I tried to control the frantic shake in my body as I blew out unsteady and irregular breaths. 

"Chase . . ."

As I found myself walking, the path was preparing to be smoother but who knows, how many spiders and other living beings were hidden beneath or over it? And since the surrounding was all darker and gloomier than a vantablack, as far as I could comprehend, it might be black soil, possibly.