Unwanted Protection

"What." Killua stares.

"Seriously. That's your reaction." Retz deadpans, utterly disappointed that Killua isn't enthralled or a little excited. Or grateful, at the very least.

Killua looks up at her with a blank expression. "Why give me this?"

"Do you even know what it is?" Retz asks, hoping to god that Killua isn't so innocent for a high schooler.

"Of course, I know what it is." Killua furrows his eyebrows. "Why give me this?"

"Well, you're dating Gon now, so-"

"And you bought them in extra extra large???" Killua holds up the small box, covered in pink leopard markings, a big black XXL with a yellow square background in the bottom corner.

"Well, how big are you?"

"Not that big." Killua scoffs. "A medium, probably. Maybe a large."

"Well, maybe Gon will wear em, then." Retz shrugs it off at that.

"You're assuming he would fit in these obscenities." Killua is still holding the box up, looking at Retz like she's his batshit crazy mother.

Retz takes on a thoughtful look. "Mm, you're right. I should ask him so I can get the size right... those might be too small..." Her lips curl into a smirk.

"I hate you."

"I love you too." She boops his nose. "Well, we're all done in here. We should get back. Don't want rumors going around that you're straight afterall."

"Oh noes, wouldn't want anyone to find out I'm hetero. Not like I'm still in the closet or anything." Killua rolls his eyes as they step out of the janitorial closet. He tosses the condom box back to Retz, rejecting it. She rolls her eyes and stuffs it into his backpack.

"Have you guys talked about that, by the way?" Retz asks. "Is Gon okay with your relationship not being public..?"

"Of course he is. He's closeted, too, remember?" Killua reminds her. "He's only out to us and Zushi, coming out to the test of the world is a whole other thing. Whether it's less nerve-wracking or more terrifying, it's a big step. Not everyone is ready to do that as soon as they first start coming out to others."

"Right." Retz sighs. "Oh yeah, I won't be able to make it to dinner tonight, sorry. Tell Alluka I'll make it up to her by taking her to the mall Saturday."

"Something up?" Killua asks as they walk the halls.

"Hm, nothing serious." Retz assures him. "My brother's in town. He wants to take me out tonight and catch up."

"Oh." Killua nods. He's not particularly fond of Retz's brother. But he cares about Retz. At least. "Well, alright. I'm sure Alluka would prefer a trip to the mall anyways."

They part ways as Killua enters his first class. Twenty minutes late. His teacher doesn't even say anything. They just give him this look.

Killua sighs, taking his seat in the back. He looks over at Gon, who was apparently already looking at him. Gon blushes and Killua sends him a glare. Of course Killua's not mad, per say. But he's going to remain as grumpy as possible for as long as he can manage.

Of course the glare didn't go unnoticed by their peers. It sends chills throughout everyone, as they all avoid even looking in Killua's direction. Whatever Gon did to earn Killua's wrath, the class prays for him. Religious or not.

Killua's not going to be able to stay grumpy with that idiot for long, though.

After school, Killua starts walking home without waiting up for his boyfriend. Causing Gon to have to sprint to catch up to him. Which in turn causes him to all but pounce on Killua. Killua stumbles, but he stays on his feet. He turns to huff at Gon.