"Family"

The next day, Killua and Alluka are getting ready to get to school. Killua looks at his phone, still no text back from Gon. Killua hasn't heard anything from his boyfriend since they went their separate ways home after school yesterday.

Killua wonders if he should make lunch for himself and Alluka. Gon seems to have a bit to handle, maybe not making lunch for the three of them would give him a much needed break.

Interrupting his thoughts, there's a knock at the door. Alluka goes ahead and checks through the peephole before opening the door for Gon.

"Good morning Gon!" Alluka greets him as he walks inside.

"Here you go, Alluka." Gon hands her a packed lunch. "Glad I got here before you guys left for school."

"Thanks! I was actually just about to head out. Killua's in his room. I'll see you later!" Alluka waves as she walks outside, shutting the door behind her.

Killua's still getting dressed when Gon knocks on his bedroom door. "Come on in." Killua says, knowing it's Gon.

Gon opens the door, shutting it behind him. "I brought lunch-" Killua punches him in the shoulder. "-Ow." Gon winces, rubbing his arm.

"I texted you like- thirty times. I called you." Killua crosses his arms. "After how stupidly serious you sounded yesterday I got worried! Did you just not check your phone? Even once??"

Gon looks at him apologetically. "Sorry... my phone, uhm, broke. I'm getting a new one this weekend, though."

Killua sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose and leaning his head on Gon's shoulder. "Damn you. I don't even know your address so I couldn't even go check up on you no matter how worried I got."

Gon wraps his arms around Killua's shirtless torso. "That wouldn't be such a great idea, anyways. My mother isn't too fond of visitors. She gets frantic about surprises, too. So showing up unannounced is like ordering a panic attack for her at Arby's."

"Yknow, I really don't know that much about you." Killua mentions. "I mean, you practically know my life's story. I don't even know the names of your parents or if you have a pet."

"No pets, but there's a squirrel that likes to sneak through my bedroom window and make herself at home when I'm not there." Gon laughs. "And my mother's name is Umeko. My dad is Ging, my aunt is Mito, and my grandmother's name is Abe. And... that's the extent of my family."

"Just the five of you?" Killua asks.

"Not exactly." Gon sighs. "They've all got split custody of me. Mito and Abe live together, though. So I get two in one whenever I'm with them. My dad lives just a few blocks from here, but my mother lives outside of town. Last night was the start of her time with me this month. I'll have to stay at her place the rest of the week."

Sounds like a mess. Killua thinks. "What's she like?" He asks.

"It's... difficult to explain." Gon says. "She's bipolar and manic. But means well, I guess. She just doesn't like me being away from her. She's lonely, and I'm her only family in this country."

Killua fiddles with his fingers. Gon's mom. He really wants to meet her. Just to know more about this amazing boy. Get to know Gon's world.

"We should get to school." Gon says.

"Yeah." Killua agrees, putting his shirt on and slipping into shoes. He grabs his bag on the way out. "Not to pry or anything, but, how come I've never met any of them?"

Gon clears his throat. "Well... the family's a mess and a half. I'm sure Mito and Abe would love to meet you. The opportunity just hasn't come up. They don't go out much. My mom, well, yknow. As for my dad... I don't think you'd get along..."

Killua feels like there's more to it, but he doesn't ask for Gon to elaborate. "Sorry for asking so much." He says. "I'm just really curious about you..."

Gon blushes, fidgeting with his fingers. "I-I'd like you to meet some of them. Maybe sometime soon. I don't know. I'm not out to anyone but my dad and, well, he's not exactly supportive of it."

Killua knows what that's like. When his parents found out he and Alluka were queer, well, that's why they're living on their own. "That sucks." He says.

"Yeah." Gon shuts the front door as they step out. "It is what it is."

"Does he know you and I are together?" Killua asks.

"He knows I've been staying with my boyfriend rather often lately, yeah." Gon nods. "I haven't really been around to see what he thinks of that."

They both get in Killua's car, buckling their seat belts. "That's probably a good thing, right? That you haven't been around."

"Yeah." Gon confirms.

"So how'd last night go with your mom?" Killua asks.

"...It was okay." Gon sighs, remembering his mother's ranting about his father being a piece of crap. And how he should be rid of his custody of Gon, yadda yadda. Same old, same old.

"You don't sound very convincing."

"It was okay." Gon repeats. "She can be... tiring. That's all."

Gon still doesn't sound convincing. But Killua drops it, since Gon clearly wants him to. He'd rather not be pushy. Doesn't want to be that kind of boyfriend.

"I'll have to go back again tonight." Gon explains. "I uh, don't know when exactly I'll be staying at your place again."

"Okayyy..." Killua parks the car in the school parking lot. "Want me to drop you off after school?"

"I'll just take the metro." Gon turns the offer down. "She's pretty far out of town. But thanks."

"Alright." Killua sighs, taking off his seat belt and grabbing his bag from the back. He locks the car once they're both out, and they walk inside together. "You'd better figure out a way to call me later, though."

Gon chuckles. "I'll try."

"No no no, you will." Killua corrects him.

"Or else what?" Gon challenges him.

Killua scoffs, grabbing him by the collar as they walk, pulling him down. "Or I'll make tomorrow a torturous hell, Freecss."

"Sounds hot." Gon grins.

"Oh you have no idea." Killua lets go of him, opening up his locker. He stashes his bag inside, grabbing supplies for his first class.