Dangerous

Gon hums a tune happily as he skips to school. It's his first day here at Yorknew. He had recently moved here on his own. Gon's starry eyes gaze upon the large school gates with amazement and he grins widely as he steps onto campus.

"Hey, you're new here aren't you?" A girl with blonde hair asks him.

"Yeah! How'd you know?" He chuckles.

"I've never seen you before. And I'd definitely know if someone as unique and hot as you went to our school." She giggles, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I'm Retz."

"Gon Freecss." Gon grins, offering her a hand to shake. She takes it. "Do you know where homeroom three is?"

Retz grins. "Of course! That's my homeroom, too!"

"Can you show me the way?"

"Yeah!"

____________

"Alright settle down pests." The teacher rolls her eyes as she steps in. "We've got a new student today. Why don't you introduce yourself?"

Gon stands in the front of the room, flashing his signature charming grin. "I'm Gon! I come from a small island in the Caribbean. It's nice to meet you all!"

Gon's eyes land on a white haired boy in the back row with headphones on. He's stunning, and the sunlight passing through the window shades highlights him like an angel.

"Find a seat. There should be one or two." She turns back to the rest of the class. "Any volunteers for showing him around?"

The entire class raises their hands eagerly. Other than the boy with headphones on.

She calls on someone named 'Zushi'. Gon smiles at the brunette, who smiles back. He finds a seat in the back row, a few desks away from the boy with headphones.

After the teacher is done with announcements, the students are free to pester Gon until homeroom ends.

"Can I get your number?"

"When's your birthday?"

"Do you do any sports?"

"Are you single?"

Gon sighs, and waves his hands around. "Guys! I can't talk if you are!"

They go silent.

"Uhm. My birthday is May Fifth. I play football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, boxing, and dodgeball. I'm single, yes. And my hobbies are cooking, photography, exploring, and working out." Gon exhales loudly. "I don't even know your names."

The rest is a jumbled mess of people excitedly shouting their names. Gon takes it all in, somehow memorizing each one. He looks to his left and the boy with headphones is there, staring out the window.

____________________

"Gon!" Zushi prys Gon away from the crowd of students. "Someone's popular, huh?" He asks with a smirk as they hide in an empty class.

"Apparently." Gon scoffs. "Thanks for getting me out of there."

"Yeah no prob." Zushi grins. "What's your next class?"