Chapter 3

I look over at the spot we have reserved for Bev, the still, and only empty, chair at the table, next to Bill. We've been here for at least an hour and she still hasn't shown up.

"Beverly Marsh." Bill whispers, staring at her seat.

"Beaverly Marsh." Richie says, pulling out her old nickname from Gretta. "No, she's a bitch. She won't come."

"She wasn't that bad." Stanley says, glancing at everyone.

Eddie shrugs. "Why does Bev have to save you, anyway? Wasn't Em the one who has to perform surgery..." Eddie gently smacks Ben's arm as he remembers something. "When Bowers cut you up! Holy shit! That's right!"

Since Ben and I have been going to the gym and he's gotten fit, the scar has shrunk so it's barely even there

Since Ben and I have been going to the gym and he's gotten fit, the scar has shrunk so it's barely even there. I haven't noticed it in over 20 years so I totally forgot about him even being cut open, despite it being the first time that Ben and I actually were super close together. Bill looks over at me.

"Please say you became a doctor? You were always fixing us up when we got hurt." He says, taking a drink of his beer.

I giggle and shake my head. "No. I became an accountant."

"Boring!" Eddie calls out.

"What about you, asshole?" I smirk. "Housekeeper?"

He shrugs. "No...I'm a risk analyst."

"Sounds interesting. What exactly does that entail?" Richie asks, leaning back in his seat with his arms crossed.

"Yeah so I work for a big insurance firm..." He starts but Richie closes his eyes and starts snoring as his head falls back. "Fuck you, dude. Fuck you."

Richie and I start laughing. I stand up from my seat, keeping my right hand laced with Ben's and put my left hand out to Richie. He stands up and happily high-fives me as he laughs. We both sit back down as Eddie shakes his head.

"Fucking Toziers." He mumbles.

"Hey, I may be a Hanscom now, but once a Tozier always a Tozier!" I smirk again.

"Fucking right!" Richie laughs. "But was that job created before fun?"

"Oh, that is so not funny." Eddie glares at him.

"It is funny." Stanley speaks up, causing Ben to laugh even more.

Eddie turns to my husband and glares at him before snapping. "What the fuck are you laughing at?"

"Your face." I speak up, putting some food into my mouth.

Mike, who has been quiet pretty much this entire night, busts out in laughter. I smirk to myself before grabbing my soda and holding it out towards the center of the table, cutting off what Eddie was about to say.

"I propose a toast." I smile. "To the Losers."

Everyone puts their drinks up and clinks them together with mine. We all start to have an even better time than we were just having. Joking around and eating the food Mike's paid for. Eddie smarts off to me once again and I come up with a plan. I stand up and lean toward him, making him stand up as well.