Chapter 8

Third Person POV

Ben screams along with his wife at the sight of the asshole, clown of everyone's nightmares perched between the pointed rocks. Everyone turns toward the laughing creature before jumping back, terrified. Ben wraps his arm around Emily's waist and steps back, pulling her with him. She keeps her light on the clown as he talks.

"Oh, did it work, Mikey? Did it work?" He asks in a mocking tone as he moves from hole to hole on the platform. "Tell them why your silly little ritual didn't work. Tell them it was just a...What's the word, Eds? Gazebo?

"Mike, what is he talking about?" Eddie asks, glancing toward his friend

"M-Mikey?" Bill asks, standing up from the ground.

"Oh, Mikey, you never showed them the fourth side, did you?" Pennywise laughs loudly as he moves around. "Don't want them to know what actually happened to the poor Shokopiwah?"

"Fuck, Mikey, you lied to us again?!" Bill yells, glancing at his friend.

"They-they-they didn't believe!" Mike stutters. "They didn't believe they could kill IT. That's why it didn't work back then!"

"Are you fucking kidding me, Mike?" Richie yells.

"I fucking let my wife come down here again because you said it would work!" Ben snaps, glancing at his friend before looking at the clown once again.

"We hurt him." Mike whimpers slightly.

"Fuck!" Richie yells, glancing back at the clown.

"Fuck you, Mikey." Bill snaps.

"I needed something, anything, for us to remember. Anything for us to believe."

"Goddamn it!"

Pennywise laughs and disappears from the view of their flashlights. Immediately, the deadlights pop out of the artifact and fly up to the ceiling, creating the loud, almost ear-piercing, deafening vibrations again. They flash brightly causing everyone to scream and cover their eyes.

"The deadlights!" Emily yells over the loud noise. "Don't look at them."

Richie opens his eyes to look around for Pennywise when the clown starts to climb out of the platform.

"For 27 years, I dreamt of you." He laughs, fully climbing out, but this time he's slightly different than before.

He now has two large crab legs as his own with two smaller legs from his outfit hanging down.

"I craved you!" He yells. "Oh, I missed you!"

Ben wraps his arm around his wife's waist and pulls her backward along with everyone else.

"Mike!" Bill yells, trying to get his friend to follow them.

"Come on!" Ben yells, grabbing his arm as he moves backward but Mike never moves.