Chapter 5

Ben and I weren't sure where to start when finding these artifacts. Then I brought that up when I wasn't with the guys, I was at home. We walk hand and hand toward my old home. I'm scared to see my parents after all these years. After Richie and I moved out, we never kept in contact since they were constantly busy with work.

I tried to invite them to my wedding, but they said they would be in Europe that day. With Richie not coming either, I had no one to give me away. My wedding was still amazing without them because I married the love of my life...my best friend.

I glance up at Ben as he squeezes my hand softly. He smiles down at me before kissing my head.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks as we round the corner to my old home.

"The day we got married." I reveal with a smile.

"Best day of my life." He smiles causing one of his dimples to show.

"Really?" I look up at him.

"It was the day we became one." He nods, a goofy grin on his face, before stopping in front of my old house. "You think it's here?"

"Mhm, I was here if I wasn't hanging out with one of you guys. Remember I broke my leg that summer..." I start, letting go of his hand.

"Because you saved Eddie." He says as a memory flashes in his mind

I turn to him and stand on my tip toes. He wraps an arm around my waist to keep me close. I wrap my arms around his neck before kissing his lips. He holds me as close as he can without hurting me as he kisses back. I smile into it, enjoying the feeling that comes with every kiss we share, before pulling away.

"Go. I'll find you when I'm done." I whisper, looking into his eyes.

He nods slightly before whispering. "I love you."

"I love you...New Kid."

He chuckles a little before kissing my lips quickly once more and turning around

He chuckles a little before kissing my lips quickly once more and turning around. I watch him walk back around the corner before I turn around myself. What I don't notice is that he glances around the corner at me, making sure I'll be okay, before officially leaving me to do my thing.

I look at my parents' old ass car in the driveway. They were cheap, always have been, so I wouldn't, and honestly don't, expect anything different. I take in a deep breath before walking up the porch steps. I put my hand up to knock but I hesitate. What if they don't want to see me? I shake my head, remembering the real reason Ben and I are in town.

I sigh before knocking a few times on the front door. A second later, the door chain rattles slightly as the door opens. I glance into the small crack in the door to see an elderly woman that I know isn't my mother even though I can barely see her.

"Yes?" She says, softly.

I raise an eyebrow before turning around and looking back at the car. It isn't my parents' car after all. It's an old station wagon.