Chapter 9

Third Person POV

Emily's perfect place? The old lake where the Losers used to go swimming. They all step up to the gate, seeing the cliff in the distance. Stanley takes in a deep breath before jumping over the gate...but he's unsuccessful in his attempt. His shoe gets caught on a piece of wood sticking out from the sides of the gate forcing him to fall on his face.

They all laugh and Bill jumps over, helping his friend up. One by one, they jump over and take off their shoes and jackets. Eddie steps closer to the edge of the cliff, staring down at the water as his friends crowd around him.

"Nope. Nope. Not happening." He shakes his head. "It's been 27 years. I ain't jumping in this gross fucking water."

"Ed, it's just water." Stanley shakes his head. "It's probably cleaned up since..."

"No! There's probably a fish in there that will swim up my dick!" Eddie crosses his arms.

"Hey, Eddie." Emily says, causing him to turn around toward her.

She steps toward him and opens her mouth as if she's going to speak, but...she just brings her hands up and pushes him off the cliff. Everyone starts laughing and she jumps in after him. Ben jumps in next with Richie following him. Stanley, Bill and Mike jump in and they start splashing around like when they did when they were children.

After a while, they each sit on a rock nearby, cleaning off their faces and arms, wanting to get the disgusting grime off. Richie sits on the highest rock and watches them slightly with a smile as he cleans off his glasses.

"Guys, Bev would have loved this." Bill speaks up, for the first time since they got to Derry, he's not stuttering.

"She loved swimming here with us." Emily speaks up, looking at her friends.

"Really?" Stan asks from his own rock.

"Mhm. I talked to her a few days later and she said it was one of the best days she's ever had."

Everyone smiles at her statement, remembering their now deceased friend.

"You know, Ben..." Richie speaks up with a teasing tone. "You never did ask my permission to date my sister, let alone marry her."

Ben tilts his head back, laughing. "I didn't think I needed your permission."

"Since we're friends, it's kinda bro-code that sisters are off limits." Richie chuckles.

"Wait, didn't he meet Emily first?" Stanley speaks up.

"Yeah! I met Emily before I even became friends with you. Hell, she's the reason we even became friends." Ben laughs.

Richie shrugs and mumbles, putting his cracked glasses back on.

"Still bro-code."

Emily bites her lip and smiles. "Is it the wrong time to tell you guys I'm pregnant?"

Ben's head snaps up at his wife's confession.

"Pregnant?" He asks, causing her to giggle and nod at him. "Holy shit!!"

He jumps off his rock and swims to her, pulling her into the water for a tight hug. She giggles and hugs him back, putting her face into his wet, dirty neck, not giving two shits. The group around them begins cheering and clapping for their wedded friends. Ben pulls from the hug slightly, his arms never leaving his beautiful wife's waist and pulls her in for a passionate kiss.

She plays with the hairs at the nape of his neck, smiling into his kiss. When they pull away, Richie's voice breaks their small moment.

"I'm gonna be an uncle?" He asks, softly.