09 - 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

to thaeyla, who comments on the chapters to speculate and theorize about the story and the characters as well as for the nice and encouraging words, thank you :)

I'm rewriting the first chapters because they just don't sit right with me, if you started reading from the first release I advise you to go back and re-read the chapters :) they'll be marked as rewritten when I'm done re-writing them :)

• • • • • • • • • ~ ʚĭɞ ~ • • • • • • • • •

Paris was busier than before. No horses on the streets, no women offering their bodies for money. It certainly grew nicer and cleaner over the years.

Eve couldn't believe that her brother was alive. It's been such a long time, she tried to deny what she knew.

She was on her way to Joo-Won's bar, called Lignée.
He had opened it up around twenty years ago, she never visited though. The bar was small, red lit. It looked nice, just like she imagined it.

She had met Joo-Won in 1905. He fought in the Eulsa Righteous War in Korea while he was only 19 years of age. She liked to remember their first encounter, it brought back pleasant memories.

The sun stood high, burning itself into Eve's skin.
She refused to wear their traditional clothing, she was a traveler anyways. "God, this weather-Ah" her body made contact with the hard ground.

The people around her stopped whatever they were doing as they watched the woman fall to their feet. The cause being a young man running her over. "Miss, are you okay?" A man in military uniform held his hand out for her to stand up. "God, watch where you're going. Who the hell are you?"

He saluted, bowed and gave her a big smile. "Officer Han Joo-Won, Miss-?" His head tilted like a puppy. "Winter. Eve Winter" she chuckled. "Miss Eve Winter, let me make it up to you with a warm
meal" he smiled. She huffed and raised an eyebrow at him just to give him a small nod.

He liked her from the moment he met her, showing her kindness even after he got to know what she was, so she saved his life on the battlefield.

Eve didn't want to miss a good fight, it brought a free meal. She waited on the sidelines, staying hidden as the fight started. A lot of blood was spilled, spilled in hatred. It gave the blood a sour taste.

Just as the fight found it's end she made her way onto the battlefield, wandering across the grass like a ghost. The men who made their way out alive had long left as she searched for blood.