16 - 𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

• • • • • • • • • ~ ʚĭɞ ~ • • • • • • • • •

"I thought you had something to say." Eve broke the awkward silence between herself and her brother. Ashers eyes passed her, gaze weary. He didn't really know how or where to start, his whole story was complicated and laced with pain.

"I do." He started, words hard to escape his mouth. He was desperate to tell his sister what had happened to him. Eve lowered her head, she was ready to hear what he had to say, she promised him after all.

"There was a man who rescued me in battle."

He had to squeeze his eyes shut as a splash of blood neared his face, his breathing was rapid and his heartbeat sounded in his ears. The sword he had in his right hand was coated in blood and dirt, his wounds stinged.

"Ash, duck!" A comrade yelled just to get stabbed in the back a few seconds after. He watched his comrade, his friend, fall to the ground. A big red gaping hole in his chest. His desperate look burning itself into his mind, sure to haunt him the next thousand years.

Asher now laid on the ground, hunched between bodies. His chest ached and he couldn't move, he felt paralized. He would die out here, among friends and enemies. The brunette man tried to keep his eyes open, his sister and mother begging him to stay alive. A strong arm grabbed his collar and dragged him with him, he couldn't protest.

A slap to his cheek woke Asher enough to make out a man with a small mustache. His throat started to ich, he was thirsty, very very thirsty.

"Welcome back to the dead"

"The people there, the people he kept were his followers." Asher seemed uneasy. He didn't look in Eve's eyes. "It was like a cult." He continued. Eve's eyebrows furrowed. Someone rescued him just to push him into a vampire cult?

It has been a few weeks now. Asher didn't know where he was, neither did he know if or how many of his friends were dead. His wound miraculously healed, the one which should've killed him was not aching one bit. The underground hallways were dimly lit but he saw quite well.

The man who woke him up introduced himself as Noah. He was a few hundret years old and treated this underground community as a save haven for the different. Asher couldn't quite grasp what he had told him that day. He was a vampire, a dead being.

Asher needed blood to survive, or he would starve to death. That was the first thing he was tought. He didn't like the thought of drinking someones blood, to kill someone innocent just because he needed it to survive. It was selfish and simply awful for him.

Second, he was not to leave the safe haven without permission and companionship. Noah called the vampires he rescued his children and he didn't want them to get harmed any further. Asher didn't quite understand, there was no one out there. Why would it be harmful outside?

Third, everyone had to go to church, where Noah was the saint. Every day the rescued vampires had to gather in the underground cathedral to praise their lord and savior Noah. Asher didn't like that one bit. Noah dragged him off of a battle field he was to die on. He bit him and damned him to live forever, why would he fall to his knees and praise this man like a saint?

This uncomfortable nagging feeling kept bubbling in his chest, he didn't like this place and he definitely didn't like Noah. The way he stood on that little stage in this white gown with his arms held in the air as he recieved the yells and praises disgusted him. He couldn't decide if he wanted to puke or if he wanted to ripp his stupid head off.

"After a few months i successfully made myself invisible. Noah didn't look for me anymore and i staid by myself for most of the time." Asher paused and sighed. Telling Eve this took a lot more than he thought it would. "A few weeks later he brought someone new in and everything changed for me. The man he brought in was a man i fought in war with, a dear friend of mine. His name was Micah." Asher sat himself next to his sister.

"He remembered me as well" he chuckled, a sad smile spreading on his face.

Asher knew that Micah wouldn't comply with Noah's rules, he would rebel and eventually get himself killed. He had seen it before, how Noah would execute his followers if they didn't behave or do how he instructed them to. Micah was a dear friend to him during war, he was a mighty warrior. Micah didn't deserve to die like that just cause he didn't comply with absurd rules made by a cult leader.

So Asher made his way over to Micah as soon as Noah left him alone in the cathedral. "Micah." he tabbed his shoulder as Noah was being celebrated for breathing, apparently. "Asher, dude." he spoke and Asher signaled him to keep his mouth shut. "Meet me in the hallway to the bedrooms after the ceremony." He instructed, sure that Micah would follow his demands.

"We met after the ceremony and i told him what kind of place this was, that he needed to be careful with what he said and did. He didn't like what i told him, he called me a coward and that he was disapointed with how much i changed. He told me how he remembered me, as the great warrior who wasn't afraid of anything or anyone." He paused and locked eyes with Eve.

"In that moment something clicked for me. I was a coward, i complied with what that psycho wanted everyone to be like. I was one of his followers, if i praised him or if i kept my mouth shut, i followed him and his ideals either way." He took a deep breath.

"So what did you do after that?" Eve asked, kinda invested with what her brother had told her. She could understand how Asher felt and why he acted how he did. She didn't think of her brother as a coward, he just tried to survive as something he didn't know among people who by all means were bad shit crazy.

"We rebelled against Noah."

• • • • • • • • • ~ ʚĭɞ ~ • • • • • • • • •

emotional damage :)