prologue;;

The moon shined a bright, crimson red color. The color of the demon king's eyes. What was its sign? What did it mean?

A young baby crying. A young, beautiful little girl. Laying beside the woman who birthed her. The woman is the lover of the demon king. The demon king stood beside the bed- shaking his arms, and perhaps a tear rolling down his eye. His lover, lays without breathing, while the baby continues to breathe. 

A warmth wraps around the demon king; the same warmth of his lover.

"Darling, please take care of our child, for I am no longer here. I love you.."

The warmth left him with those last words, and the demon king looked at the young baby who was no longer crying. She was staring, at who knows where, peacefully.

The demon king clicked his tongue. He took the limp woman and carried her carefully in his arms and turned away from the bed, snapping his fingers to summon a few of his servants. 

They teleported behind him, kneeling on one knee, "Yes, master."

"Take the child and nurse her. Do not eat her."  That was all he said before leaving the room to two demons and a half-breed.

The two demons stayed kneeling until they confirmed the demon king has left the room. Once they confirmed so, they stood and went up to the bed where the baby was laying. The baby looked over to her side to see two scary demons- in her opinion- and then started crying. The two demons looked at each other, then back to the baby, and knew this was the hardest task a demon can take.

---------

"Daki-nee!" exclaimed [name]. The now 4 years old girl ran up to the beautiful demon, hugging her leg.

"Oh? [name]-chan!" Daki smiled, patting the young child. "How are you?"

"Hehe, I'm good!" [name] said with her wide grin. The one grin that can make any demon feel a warmth inside. She was just a half-breed indeed, but she could easily have the power to make any demon feel either happy or scared. Happy; from her warm and gentle spirit. Scared; of who her father is, Muzan Kibutsuji, the Demon King.

"That's good!" said Daki, crouching down to hug [name], which the 4 years old hugged back.

"[name]." Muzan Kibutsuji, her father, called out. [name] tilted her head up to where her father was standing and formed a frown on her face. Her shoulders slumped down and she then made a pouting face when her two babysitters came to get her and bring her to her room - per orders from Muzan.

---------

"I don't get it! Why can't I go out?" cried out a now 10 years old [name]. Muzan ignored her and continued to focus on his work. "Or you can at least have someone escort me?"