2;; talk

"Well, off you go then," smiled Chizuru as she waved goodbye to [name].

"Bye! See you next week!" [name] confidently waved back at Chizuru.

[name] walked up the hill to see many people. She saw some nervous, and some were confident. Looking at the front, she sees two children. One white haired, and the other black haired. They both began a quick speech about the hill they're on. The wisteria that blocks out the demons from ever coming close, but beyond that there's no more. Once they finished their speech, it was time.

The final selection has begun.

------

The week went through like a breeze. When [name] went back to the initial hill, her eyes widened at how little people were left. When it started, there were about 30 people, and now, there's 5, including her.

"Congratulations on passing." the two children congratulated. 

They then went onto this long rant about how things will go from there. Ranks, uniforms, crows, but what made [name] interested in was the nichirin blades themself.

"Please pick an ore that you feel resonates with you most." said the white haired child.

Everyone was hesitant to go, or they were just thinking. [name], on the other hand, could care less, and grabbed the first one that she felt was going to make hers have the prettiest one.

------

It has been about 2 years since [name] officially became a demon slayer. She has been quickly climbing the ranks, and now, she has just become a hashira. However, unfortunately for her, she has to introduce herself- which she doesn't mind, she just doesn't want to interact with people. 

The thing is, when [name] introduces herself, she no longer uses her father's last name: Kibutsuji. She refuses to associate herself with a demon, nevertheless the demon king. So therefore, when she's introducing herself, she uses her mother's last name: Koizumi.

[name] arrived at the Ubuyashiki estate a little late, and by a little I mean 30 minutes late. Walking through the gates, she sees that the rest of the hashiras are already there.

"And then- oh, is that her?" asked a girl with pink hair that faded into green at her ends. She looked at [name] with curiosity, and then a wide smile appeared on her face. "Hi!!! Are you that new hashira? My name's Kanroji Mitsuri!! But you can just call me Mitsuri!!"

[name] was taken aback by Mitsuri's extroverted-ness, but nevertheless, she was grateful that she didn't have to sit at the corner like an awkward loser.