Chapter Two

California went up to his room and decided to read his book. Texas has been acting weird and California was pretty sure it was the sleep deprivation, but some small part of him says it is not. Whatever, he continued his book to take his mind off of Texas.

Several hours passed in what feels like a matter of minutes, and California found himself at the end of his book. He set it down before hearing a knock on his door.

"Who is it?" California shouted.

"Hey," New York said on the other side, "I need you to read over one of my playscripts."

New York and California had a small friendship over their common love for theatre. New York sometimes would write plays and California would help and vice-versa. The two didn't hangout much other than that.

"Sure, come on in!" California welcomed the cold state in.

New York walked through the door and placed a packet of paper that California assumed was the script. He picks it up and starts flipping through it.

"It looks pretty good so far, is there anything in particular you wanted my opinion on?" California asks as gets trough the play.

"Nah, I just needed a second set of eyes to check over it," New York states bluntly, "Also, this morning, you seemed strangely friendly towards Texas. Like there was no argument at all, it was weird."

California puts down the script, "I think he was just too tired to say anything stupid," he says dryly, "I am honestly just happy to have one less person yelling at me for now."

New York looks at California with indifference, "Aight, see ya another time I guess." The northern state took his play and left. California decided to start another book.

--------------------------------------------

"So what do you think?"

"I think he is fucking clueless."

"It was a pleasure doing business with you!"

------------------------------------------

Texas sat alone in the kitchen. He was attempting to drink his coffee as he would nearly fade in and out of consciousness. He was debating just going to his room and going back to sleep. The problem with that plan is that it would likely create the same problem for tomorrow.

He looked at his watch, 2:43 pm. He has been sitting here staring off for too long.

Suddenly he heard someone walk up to him.

"Hey there big guy! How are you doing?" the voice of the dreaded Floridian said behind him.

"I am too tired for this, can you not?" Texas said with clear annoyance.

"Oh come on," Florida stated, "I just wanted to ask about what is going on between you and California."

Texas looked at Florida with confusion, "The fuck are you talking about?" he said, ignoring the blush coming to his cheeks.

"I am not clueless, something obvious happened," Florida stated with  smugness, "You went from glaring and yelling at each other to joking and blushing practically overnight."

Texas blushed and then glared at the fellow southerner, "I am just too tired to point out how...  stupid he is," he said with a little more uncertainty than he liked, "I am going to bed, I am definitely too tired for this."

Texas then left to his room, closed and locked the door, turned off the lights, and passed out in his bed.

-------------------------------------------

"So, what exactly is the plan here?" Louisiana asked.

"I am getting there," Florida said with excitement, "Anyways they definitely like each other."

"Are you sure," New York says sarcastically.

"Yup, but both of them are too clueless to figure that out on their own," Florida stated, "my plan is that we lock them in a room together!"

"You're an idiot if you think that will work," New York stated with annoyance.

"Sorry hun, but New York is right, that won't work  for these two," Loui said to his friend, "the only reason they're not arguin' is because he is too tired to hide his feelings."

"Okay, do you two have another idea?" Florida asked annoyed that his plan was turned down.

"Actually, I do," New York stated dryly, "that is why I chose to work with you two instead of some more competent  states."

"Oh?" both of the southern states looked to New York with intrigue.

-------------------------------------------

Several hours had passed and DC decided to call a meeting randomly. As with many meetings, most of the states chose to sit this one out. Of the fifty states only a couple of states actually showed up. 

It took about 5 minutes before the meeting devolved to make DC regret calling it.

"All I am saying is that if we blow up all houses nobody would have a house," Florida says in defense of his obviously insane plan.

"How would that fix anything?!" California asks in shock and confusion

"It wouldn't!" Florida states confidently, "However, if there are no houses, everyone is homeless."

"How 'bout we don't do that," Texas says slightly alarmed at the direction this conversation was headed.

"Yeah, for once I am going to have to agree with Texas on this one," California states.

This argument goes on for much longer than it should have due to Florida choosing the stupidest hill to die on. Eventually DC gave up and brought the meeting to a close. 

 As the states started to get up and leave the room, California suddenly felt as though he was burning. Oh fuck, not again! California nearly passes out as he feels the fires start again. He falls backwards luckily having another state behind him to catch him. Everything was too blurry to tell what was going on around him, but he felt himself get carried to the couch before he loses consciousness. 

-----------------------------------------

After the meeting ends, Texas is leaving to go back to his room when suddenly California falls. Texas quickly gets behind him to catch him.

"California! Are you okay?" Texas asks not receiving any response. He notices that California's skin in burning up. Fire.

"Y'all!" Texas shouts to the other states, "California's on fire again, we need to get him somewhere to lay down!"

New York runs over to help Texas carry California to the couch before going to get some ice to help with the fever symptoms.

Texas sat beside California to make sure nothing bad happened. Even though this was pretty much a seasonal occurrence at this point, it still freaked Texas out. It was very unsettling.

After California is set up with some ice packs, most other states go back to their rooms, pretty used to this happening, leaving Texas alone with the unconscious state. 

--------------------------------------------

AN: I am a terrible writer and I have no clue what I am doing! I am so sorry to anybody who has chosen to read this. Maybe one day I will come up with a better idea for writing other than just shutting myself  down for moving too quickly because I want to draw this out more. Any ways, see y'all next time!

Enigmatic Circumstancesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें