Chapter Eleven: The Red Thread of Fate

Hi, everyone. How are you all doing?

Here is a new chapter of Into the Light. I hope you will like it!

This chapter was edited by Grammarly only. Please, excuse my mistakes.

Your votes, comments and reviews are always desired and appreciated.

☀️☀️ ☀️☀️ ☀️☀️

The phone rang loudly around 6 am, stirring the two sleeping men from dreamland.

Arthit groaned in annoyance before he turned around and pulled the blanket over his head while Kongphop reached out his hand lazily to pick up the phone.

"Good morning," Kongphop greeted sleepily.

"Good morning," Ukrit replied, snapping Kongphop from his semi-sleep state. "Are you still sleeping? Wake up and come over to the Ruangroj Enterprise as soon as possible. There is an important meeting that you must attend."

"But, Grandpa, I'm off today!" Kongphop said as he rose into a sitting position. "I'm going to Ko Samet with my husband for the weekend! Can this meeting be postponed until next week?"

"You have half an hour to come to the Enterprise," Ukrit said before he ended the call.

Letting out a defeated sigh, Kongphop climbed down the bed.

"Where are you going?" Arthit asked, staring at his husband from under the blanket.

"My grandfather wants me to go to the Ruangroj Enterprise for a meeting," Kongphop replied with a sigh. "It won't take long. A couple of hours, at most. I'll come back as soon as I'm done. You can sleep more in the meanwhile."

"OK," Arthit said before he returned to sleep.

☀️☀️ ☀️☀️ ☀️☀️

When Kongphop entered through the main entrance of the Enterprise, he was surprised to see Cho standing at the reception desk, waiting for him.

"Good morning, Mr Suthiluck," Cho greeted him. "Everyone is waiting for you upstairs. From here, please."

"OK..." Kongphop said as he and Cho walked to the elevators. "By the way, what are you doing here?"

"I'm your personal secretary," Cho replied with a casual smile on his face. "It's my job to be with you during such an important meeting."

Kongphop stared suspiciously at the young man but said nothing.

Entering a meeting room on the tenth floor, Kongphop saw around 15 older men sitting around a long table, in addition to Ukrit, his two sons and secretary, Mr Táng.

"Good morning, gentlemen," Kongphop said, waiing politely to everyone.

"Good morning, Kongphop," Ukrit replied as he stood up from his seat. "These gentlemen are the major executive directors of the Ruangroj Enterprise. Their main job is to link me and the rest of the executive directors, heads of departments, workers, etc., in all the Enterprise and the companies under its umbrella. Gentlemen, this is my grandson, Kongphop Suthiluck. As you all know, I have named him my heir and successor to my fortune and my position in this company."

The room was filled with waves of greetings and congratulations as Kongphop sat beside his grandfather before the meeting began. It turned out that it was an introductory meeting to familiarize Kongphop with the Enterprise's tangled web of employees, operations, and functions.

Unsurprisingly, the meeting that Kongphop had perceived to last a couple of hours lasted until midday.

By the time the meeting had finally ended, Kongphop felt as if his head would explode. He was amazed at his grandfather's ability to stay focused throughout the entire time. The young man was genuinely relieved when the current presenter ended his presentation and turned off the projector, thanking everyone for their attention. However, his happiness was short-lived because as they all stood up, his grandfather told him that a small luncheon party had been organized for him to get personally acquainted with the executive directors.