Chapter Fifteen: Pearl's Offer

Hi, everyone...

Long time no see. I'm sorry for the sudden disappearance. A combination of a busy work schedule and a serious writer's block caused me to postpone updating this story.

I hope you will like this new chapter.

This chapter is edited only by Grammarly. Please, excuse my mistakes.

As always, please vote, comment and review. Your comments and reviews give me the motivation to write more ^^

☀️☀️ ☀️☀️ ☀️☀️

"N'Kong, are you all right?"

Kongphop raised his head and looked at his supervisor, who was giving him a concerned look.

"I'm fine, P'," he replied tonelessly, smiling a faint smile that didn't reach his eyes.

The older lady frowned, noticing the dramatic changes in the younger man's appearance. Kongphop looked like a zombie, with droopy eyes, dark circles under his eyes and pale skin.

The lady couldn't help but compare his state to the previous Friday when the younger man was fine and spirited. So, what could have happened to turn his state like this in two days?

Before she could voice her worries and inquire more, Kongphop's phone rang.

"Excuse me, P'," Kongphop said as he checked his phone. "I need to take this."

The lady nodded in response, though she still gave him a worried look.

☀️☀️ ☀️☀️ ☀️☀️

Kongphop took a deep breath as he stood in front of the CEO's office. Táng had called to inform him that his grandfather wanted to see him. Kongphop let a sigh. He wasn't in the mood to have another confrontation with his grandfather. Since his return from the hotel yesterday, he searched diligently for his missing husband but without avail. They had called everyone they knew, but none had seen Arthit or heard anything about him. It was like searching for a needle in a stake of hay. Arthit had vanished into thin air, and there wasn't any clue of his whereabouts. Black thoughts have filled Kongphop's mind for the two past days about what could've happened to his husband, preventing him from doing the most straightforward necessities in life, such as eating and sleeping.

Shaking his head, Kongphop braced himself before knocking on the door and entering. Much to his surprise, he saw Cho and Yihwa present in the office. The two were sitting with his grandfather in a small couch area.

"Have a seat, Kongphop," Ukrit said, gesturing to the seat next to him.

"What's the matter?" the young man asked, staring at Cho and Yihwa questionably.

"Mrs Visava informed me that you called her yesterday and told her to break your contract with Chansungnoen Constructions," Ukrit replied.

"That's true," Kongphop said, giving Yihwa a disapproving glare, but the woman didn't faze. Instead, she simply smiled at him with her usual cheeky smile. "Not only that, but I'm planning to press charges against Mayuree Chansungnoen."

"Any particular reason?"

"Last Saturday, Mayuree kidnapped, drugged and almost raped me," Kongphop said. "Because of her, my anniversary was ruined, and my husband has gone missing!"

Ukrit frowned.

"What happened??" he asked darkly.

Letting out a deep sigh, Kongphop narrated what happened during the weekend to his grandfather.