Chapter 6

'Khushi, would you please wash my hair today?'

Khushi sat at on edge of the bathtub on one end, placing both her legs inside. Arnav sat with his head leaned back, just in front of her on the floor of the tub. She checked the temperature of the water with her fingers before raising the shower head to his hair. After wetting his hair thoroughly, making sure she didn't wet his face too much, she took some shampoo on her palms and rubbed them to together. She massaged the shampoo into his scalp, running the tips of her fingers in small circular motion. She then ran her fingers through his hair, from the roots to the tips. She switched on the shower to rinse the shampoo off his hair, all the while raking his hair from the hairline to the nape. She switched off the water and continued to rake her hands until she had removed excess water from his hair. She then repeated the same with a conditioner, emulsifying the hair and then rinsing it off with lukewarm water. She took a towel and gently patted his hair dry, running her hands through his hair to check for wetness.

He loved the feel of her fingers in his hair. No masseuse in the world could match up to the magic in her fingers. The tingling sensation that arose in his head, moved all the way down his body ending in his toes.

'Huh?' He realized the sound had come from Khushi who was staring at him as if he had grown two heads. Then her eyes moved to his right hand. He looked down at his hand to see that it was cast-less. Damn! The cast had come off yesterday and he had forgotten all about it.

It was almost two weeks since the incident in the hotel where he had injured himself trying to save Khushi. The bruises on his back had almost healed and the cast on his right hand had come off the previous day. In the first week, Khushi had helped him bathe, dress, eat and had also managed to help him in his office work by typing out whatever he had needed. In the second week, his body had become stronger as he healed. He could bathe and dress himself to an extent, but still depended on her to do several things that included usage of both hands ----- washing hair being one of those things.

Arnav swore under his breath as he picked up his towel and rushed into the bathroom. He banged the door shut and closed his eyes to erase the memory of the shampoo day dream he had just had.

Khushi saw Arnav walk into the bathroom and remembered the first time she had bathed him. She had given him a bath seating him on a stool. The next day he had informed her that he would prefer to use the bath tub and had taught her how to use the hand shower. It was definitely very comfortable for him as he could lie down in the tub and lean back his head on the head rest. But not for her. This way, brought her closer to his molten brown eyes that kept boring into hers as she went about her chore. Khushi preferred to call it a chore in her mind as it made it easier for her to complete her task without becoming too flustered.

Ten minutes later Arnav walked out of the bathroom in his trousers and walked up to the wardrobe to pick up a shirt. The moment he put his arms through the sleeves he turned around just in time for Khushi to come up to him and button him up. Khushi finished doing the last button his collar to find Arnav staring at her, waving his left hand in front of her face. This time, she had forgotten about his cast and had unconsciously helped him button up like she had done for the past two weeks.

Arnav came down for his morning breakfast to hear excited chatter from the table. He was wondering what it was all about when he heard a familiar voice.

'Nannav! How are you?'

No it can't be! What was he doing here?

'Hey NK, You are back' asked Arnav drily.

'Yep, I couldn't stay away from you guys for too long' he said happily.

'We missed you too Nanheji!' Khushi said happily.