Chapter 10

Khushi felt her dhak dhak increasing as something bristly rasped against her jawline. 'Hmmm....' she moaned aloud as she felt the roughness of his morning stubble, his lips blazing a fiery trail into the hollow of her throat. His hand was on her breast, his thumb arousing her nipple into a hardened peak. His lips then then moved up to the nape of her neck, his tongue darting out to make circular movements on her skin. Just as she thought how good it felt, he closed his mouth over the soft bit of skin and began to suck on it. 'Hmmmmmm....' she moaned louder. He sucked harder as she moved her fingers into his hair pressing him closer, egging him on.

KNOCK! KNOCK! 'Khushi?'

Khushi opened her eyes to see Arnav's head at the nape of her neck, her hand in his hair holding him to her. Slowly, he lifted his head and they both looked at each other their eyes dazed. She closed her eyes once again as a pleasure almost close to paint shot through her when he used his index finger and thumb to pinch her engorged peak.

'Khushi?' the voice was louder this time.

'O......One minute jiji!' Khushi scrambled from the bed, straightening out her hair. She looked frantically for her dupatta when she suddenly saw Arnav holding it in his hand. She took it from him avoiding his eyes, as she went up to the door.

'Khushi, I am sorry to wake you up like this but I need you to help me with breakfast. Lavanyaji is leaving today, remember?' Payal whispered urgently.

'Of course jiji! And why should you be sorry? We have plent ___ Hey Devimaiyya! It's 8 already! I will be down in 10 minutes ......'Her eyes widened in dismay when she saw the clock.

When Payal left, Khushi scrambled around for a towel and rushed to the bathroom only to realize that it was locked. Arnav was taking his shower! The Laad Governor! Couldn't he have let her shower first? Especially when it was all his fault that she had woken up late. Khushi felt warmth creep up her cheeks when she remembered what had happened early this morning and her fingers went up to her nape of their own volition. When she felt a little soreness at the spot her fingers had touched she went to the mirror and saw that there was a mark. Hey Devimaiyya what was she going to do?

**

When Khushi went down to the kitchen, Payal was well into the breakfast preparations. She began to help her and in no time a hot piping breakfast was ready to be served. The family had assembled at the breakfast table and Khushi began to serve. Arnav had come down looking especially handsome in his crisp white shirt. A lock of his hair fell across his forehead and Khushi's fingers itched to straighten them out. What was she thinking? She nervously adjusted her dupatta so that it didn't reveal the mark.

'What is this on your neck?' Khushi had not seen mamiji standing next to her looking at her nape.

'Mamiji!' yelled Khushi putting on the brightest smile she could ever manage. 'What a beautiful saree! Where did you buy it?'

'Of course my saree is bootiful, phati saadi. I didn't buy it from your Buaji na, that's why! And moreover, there is no need to shout, I am not deaf!' came Mamiji's caustic remark as she took her seat at the table.

Arnav, having watched the little exchange between the two, looked up at Khushi. A bolt of awareness sizzled between them like lightning, making her heart beat faster and then Arnav's phone rang breaking the tension.

'Yeah?' he barked into the phone.

Finally, it was time for Lavanya to leave. Her bags were packed and waiting.

'ASR is very lucky to have you in his life.' Lavanya whispered into Khushi's ear as she hugged her.

'There is someone special waiting for you as well Lavanyaji. And something tells me you may not have to look too far for him.' Khushi whispered back.