16 - ignore

"^*+

."^*+. "THIS CERTAIN SOMEONE ISN'T JAMES, RIGHT?" .+*^".

SELENE WAS NOT ONE TO BE PETTY but, over the past few months she has noticed changes in herself

SELENE WAS NOT ONE TO BE PETTY but, over the past few months she has noticed changes in herself. One: she now apparently had courage? I mean, she always was sassy but now it was different. She didn't let people stomp on her.

When she was on the stool in the great hall getting sorted, she wanted Gryffindor, Lily had already been sorted into Gryffindor. She was a creature of habit, always wanted to stay with someone or something that was familiar. On the first day of the muggle school her parents sent her to (pre-Hogwarts) Selene cried grappling onto her mothers leg. She didn't like new and didn't like change. So, when the sorting hat gave her a choice: Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. She naturally choose the house of the brave.

Little did Selene know that going to a school of magic would be a big change. From walking up staircases that remained still to walking up staircases that moved, scared for your life you will step at the wrong time and fall to your demise. She was used to change now but still wanted to grapple onto people and things that are familiar.

For years she had wondered if she chose wrong, maybe being with the brainy bunch would've been best. But, now she knew she belonged. On that day many years ago, she made the choice to stay with Lily, yes. And she may be a creature of habit but she didn't need Lily she wanted her.

For a while she thought she needed something familiar, something safe. But, sometimes in life you have got to choose the risky option, but, sometimes choosing safe is the risky option.

Because, she would of found out right away that she only truly needed herself.

Two: she could see into peoples minds. Not images but thoughts. It happened the first time on new years day. The second was when she was staring into the head of James Potter, and his thoughts wandered into hers, I smelled both Selene and Lily, I thought I was over Lily.

So, the conclusion Selene had come to after many sleepless nights was: she was going mental. For two reasons, being able to see peoples thoughts and staying up thinking of a boy. Another conclusion the Gryffindor had come to, was the petty one. I am going to ignore James Potter.

.....

THE BRIGHT SUN SHONE INTO THE GIRL DORMITORY, causing the previously unconscious woman to groan out of annoyance. "Does the sun have a death wish?" Selene asked as she glared at the window that awoke her. She had hoped nineteen seventy seven would be the year the sun would not bother her, to her great disappointment it still did.

Selene had successfully not talked to James for two weeks, except for their study sessions but she would only talk when needed. What made her more disappointed is he wasn't making an effort either. 

Selene once again groaned, she did not like mornings. Marlene was now under her bed snoring, how the girl could fall asleep so early was a mystery. Marlene Mckinnon herself was a mystery; an enigma. 

You could look at the blonde and think you saw everything there is to see, but being friends with her for 6 years makes you know her. She has secrets beyond the usual smirk she wears. Feelings that are undoubtedly stronger than the other girls she calls her best friends. She notices things others don't. There is more to her. She cares beyond what is needed. The only person who knows her completely is Selene Ray. The two bonded immediately when they were placed as potion partners in first year, the rest is history.

.....

"Why aren't we going to breakfast? I am hungry." Alice sighed, currently she was being dragged down the corridors by none other than Selene. "Because," Selene answered simply. "Because...?" Selene looked over at Alice and then stopped, "Because... I am avoiding a certain someone." She grumbled. Of course, Alice being the quiet one of the group, and the only one in a committed relationship noticed Selene's behavior and why she is acting as such, a boy.

"This certain someone isn't James, right?" Alice questioned, "What?" Selene started, with wide eyes glancing back at the girl, "No, of course not!" "Mhm..." Alice responded with a smirk, of course, the two had been getting close over the past few months.

Alice pulled the girl into a abandoned classroom that currently was of no use. "What are you doing?" Selene yelped i'm surprise, "Getting the truth," Alice scoffed, as if what she was saying was the obvious thing, "Oh really? I thought maybe you were tired of my crap and was going to kill me!" Selene then walked over to a chair and sat down the face the girl, "So?" "So," Alice continued, rolling her eyes at the girl in front of her's antics, "I want all the details of why we are skipping breakfast, I know we are the least close out of the group but I still want details because you're my best friend and I would tell you if it were me." she finished as she sat down across from the girl.

"Fine," Selene huffed while moving a stray piece of hair away from her face, "I don't know how it happened, we were always friends, James and I. Then, the prat was rubbish at muggle-studies, and me being the girl who is perfect at everything," Alice scoffed at that last comment, "He naturally asked me for help. He was kind of distant at first, then over time he loosened up a bit. He is different to me then he is when we are all together, not as arrogant I guess." she rambled on looking down at her feet as she told the story for the first time, "So, one night after one of our study sessions he dragged me down to the kitchens for ice cream and we just talked, he then found out that I have no experience with quidditch other than the brief lesson with Madam Hooch in first year. James dragged me out the the quidditch pitch and he helped me ride and then we... uh kissed." She smiled at the last part of the story, remembering the moment. "So you're upset that you kissed?" Alice asked, smiling slightly at the girl. "No no, of course not." Selene said quickly, shaking her head, "Then what?"

"Two weeks ago, do you remember the amortentia lesson?" Selene asked, finally looking up, Alice nodded. "Well he had told me that he had stopped asking out Lily, now we were going to talk after break and it was the first day back and we hadn't had the right moment to. Marlene being the nosy person she is wrote down what everyone had smelled and James smelled both me and Lily." Alice nodded, a look of realization on her face, "So you're upset that he started things with you when he wasn't completely over Lily?"

"Yes."

"Talk to him... You guys seemed happy on new years you should of seen his face after you kissed him."

"I know."

AUTHORS NOTE: kind of a boring chapter but we are about to get to the good stuff

AUTHORS NOTE: kind of a boring chapter but we are about to get to the good stuff.. 😘