The Second Lesson

As witches manifest their abilities and have a firm grasp on level one magics, they are then ready to enhance their abilities to the next level. Though one may not chose to learn all forms of divination magic, once their is a firm understanding of how magic flows one is ready to learn how to use it for themselves and others around them. This is where you're no longer just reading books, focusing your mind, building an alter or predicting the future now you're ready to start spell work, crafting spell accessories, working with your spirit guides and work with more types of magic.

Level 2 magics are focused around learning to utilized magic through your own hands this includes crafting magical things to aid you or another such as; spell jars, spell bags, beauty products, medicine and other spell accessories with the use of herbs, oils, crystals, incense and other magical supplies. Level two magics are also focused around shadow work, working with spirit guides, healing magic, green magic and more. In this chapter we'll explore the many different types of personal magic and why they are listed as level two magics.

Personal magic is any magic used to help aid either the user or their target in positive ways. This includes many protection, self love, wealth, prosperity, luck and other spells aimed to help improve one's life.

Personal magics are listed as Level 2 magics because this is where you really start to develop your skills and find your nich. Witches at this level enjoy creating and crafting using the energy, tools and skills that they've gathered thus far in their studies and practices. You'll find that some of the topics in this chapter reference back to some things from lesson one. These skills may be listed as level 2 magics but it is up to the practicer of how powerful their spells are.

You may not chose to learn all forms of Personal magic, as every witch has their own path. However, it is a good idea to familiarize yourself with some of these practices to aid you in your own craft.

"Communicate vulgar secrets to vulgar friends."

- Book of occult philosophy
____________________________________________

Types of Magics
_____________________

Shadow work is a practice of healing any behaviors, emotional wounding, limiting beliefs, self-sabotage, or blocks that are buried in your subconscious. It's a way to cleanse ourselves of trama and things stored away from our childhood, Recognize and put to rest our own demons and Let go of false notions of who we want to be and start excepting who we are.

After clearing the subconscious of mental blocks, one essentially has the ability to integrate the shadow, the unconscious with the conscious self. Through this practice one has actual manipulation of shadows, fears and illusions (umbrakinesis), manipulation of the "Inbetween" as an energy also called (paradox) using this opposite energy to cause drastic change.

Shadow work also refers back to The Three Bodies; physical, Astral & Causal. Have you ever noticed that your shadow splits up into three different shadows? (often depending on the time of day or angle of light) These are said to be a reflection of each Body or inner self. Practicing shadow work can help to reline these bodies and even connect us to our past lives.

Physical body
represents your physical self and holds onto physical trama.

Astral body
represents your eternal soul and holds onto past lives.

Causal body
represents your spirit or current life and holds onto emotional trauma.
____________________________________________

Ancestral Magic works by the magic of a living witch connecting with the magic of the witches' dead ancestors and allowing it to flow through them via the witches' natural connection to the earth. Ancestral witches are committed to their families and their coven, and the bloodlines of the witch families in the community typically went back centuries.
______________________________