Chapter 3: Numberology & Symbols

Numerology is the belief in the divine or mystical relationship between a number and one or more coinciding events. It is also the study of the numerical value of the letters in words, names, and ideas. It is often associated with astrology and similar to divinatory arts.

There are various numerology systems which assign numerical value to the letters of an alphabet. According to numerologists, everything in the world is dependent upon the mystical properties of numbers. These properties come from the numbers' inherent vibration.

Numerology purports to tell the future, guide human behavior, predict the outcome of relationships and otherwise divine the unknowable by figuring out a person's numbers.

Like astrology, numerology is a type of applied mysticism - it correlates a mystical symbol with a person's life. For this reason, some people have credited numerology with helping them to make personal or financial decisions. However, there's no proof that the system works or that there is any real correlation between the numbers and their associated concepts.

The book of Gilmore's, states Numberology became a further important aspect of magic. Used in the crafting of defensive amulets and healing phylacteries.
__________________________________________

There are two main systems in Numberology

There are two main systems in Numberology. In the Modern system, letters are simply given a number 1-9. However, in the Hebrew system, which is made up of both Hebrew and Greek letters, the alphabetical system is not normal and does not include the number nine.

The Modern system is typically used today to decode one's own numbers. Numberology can be used on names, dates and more as well as to make sigils on in rituals. In this system numbers go from 1-9 and 11 & 22 are also included.

Zero is not normally used in Numberology, but for those how acknowledge it, zero stands for the void, space or before a new beginning.
___________________

(1) potential
Beginnings, independence, leadership
Planet- sun
Element- fire

(2) balance
Peacemaker, intuition
Planet- moon
Element- water