Chapter 1: Astrology

Astrology

Astrology is considered a pseudoscience that claims to predict information about human affairs and terrestrial events by studying the movements and relative positions of celestial objects. Not to be confused with astronomy, the scientific study of celestial objects.

Its roots in calendrical systems have been used to predict seasonal shifts and to interpret celestial cycles as signs of divine communications. Astrology is often associated with systems of horoscopes that purport to explain aspects of a person's personality and predict significant events in their lives based on the positions of celestial objects. Astrology symbols can also be seen in lunar magic, dream magic and sometimes Moonology.

Astrology was used for centuries by primitive peoples to track the stars, they built many different structures in order to study their patterns and cycles; stone hedge is an example of one. Because of their constant patterns the planets have been used in magic for a long time; to map the best times to preform rituals and spells,  creating enchantments or potions, predicting weather or future events and having corespondents to herbs, crystals, ect.

The book of Gilmore's, states that the heavenly bodies play a very important role in magic because their power can be infused in objects that can be used as phylacteries, amulets or talismans. Often written on parchment, carved on rings or used as seals.

"If he but not skillful in the mathematics and in the aspects and figures of the stars, upon which depends the sublime virtue and property of everything; learned in theology, he cannot be possibly able to understand the rationality of magic."

-Book of occult philosophy
_

___________________________________________

The celestial bodies cast their radiance on the stones, plants, animals and so forth, which therefore individually receive a particular influence or zodiac

The celestial bodies cast their radiance on the stones, plants, animals and so forth, which therefore individually receive a particular influence or zodiac. Each planet rules over one or more stones and over one or more metals and so on.

Sun:
(1): self expression, identity
Zodiac: Leo ♌
Stones: Chrysolite, heliotrope, carbuncle, hyacinth, tiger's eye, citrine, sun stone.
Herbs: Hawthorne, sunflower, st John's wort, rue, sandelwood.
Body part: heart, spleen, immunity

Moon:
(2): Emotion, memories
Zodiac: cancer ♋
Stones: Aphroselenite, chrysolite, thaure, galactite, moon stone, selenite, angelite.
Herbs: water lilly, sage, Ylang Ylang, aloe.
Body part: stomach, digestive track, ovaries, breasts

Mercury:
(3): Communication, skills
Zodiac: Gemini ♊
Stones: Arabi, hematite, topaz, chalcedony, smokey quartz, flourite, jade, kyanite.
Herbs: lavender, sweet grass.
Body part: respiratory system, sensory nerves, thyroid