My friend is the Main Character

I read through my book about werewolves during class, the teacher didn't mind too much since my grades were above average. I've always been in love with fantasy books; I never really know what to read next since there's so much. I just started this famous werewolf book by one of my favorite authors, "Dylan Dusk," or D.D for short. He wrote vampire, mermaid, and his new werewolf book. I already read the first two, they were just as high as the book I'm reading now. A finger taps on my book, I bookmark my spot and look up, seeing my friend Addie. She has long blond hair and pretty blue eyes. I only have brown hair, grey eyes, and glasses, somewhat dull if you ask me. Though Addie says my eyes look like a mist which is mysterious, "Pun intended," she said once. "Sam," Addie says with pleading eyes, "You want me to give you the notes for your next class?" I say as her eyes brighten up. She always asks when there's a test in her next class. I have two advanced classes, so she always asks for my help. No one else does, I'm only really close to Addie. Though Addie is friends with a few other people, she hangs out with me the most.

I go to get my notes, I get them out of my bag and look up to see Addie and the class president glaring at each other, they hate each other's guts. Addie was running a few minutes late to class, and the president caught her, she then was 30 minutes late cause she had to go to the office. She tried to explain to the teacher what happened, but she got a week's worth of detention; I'd say that was a harsh punishment but since she's been late five times, I can somewhat get it. Addie blames him for causing her to be late, so they've been at each other's throats for a while now. "Addie," I say, bumping the notes into her shoulder, she looks at me and smiles. Thanking me and going to sit down. I looked back at the president and saw him staring at Addie, and this time he didn't show any signs of hate. It was softer, but I can't tell what. I look away before he can catch me in the act of staring, I open my book and go back to reading.

******

I packed my bag up as I was in my last class, Addie wasn't in this class with me sadly. A figure suddenly approached me, causing me to yelp. Turning to look I see it was the class president, "Sorry I didn't mean to startle you" he says with a bit of worry. I sigh, I didn't even hear him come up. Now that he's close up I can see how handsome he is. His hair darker than the night with no moon, and his icy blue eyes that could stab you. I clear my throat a bit, "Yes?" I ask as I direct my eyes away from him. He was a few inches taller than I was, maybe 6'1, though I was 5'6. "Do you know where Addie is?" he says, making me look up into his eyes, the look of unsettledness and doubt could easily be seen in his eyes. Whatever he was planning to tell Addie, he was doubting it. "Why? Are you going to bully her?" I say, clutching my book to my chest, in case I need to knock a dude unconscious. He shook his head violently, "No, no, I was just planning on apologizing to her" he says in defense. I sigh in relief, "She should be done with class now, usually, she's waiting for me outside at our meet up spot. I could bring you to her." I suggest as he nods his head in agreement. I sigh again, this is the most interaction I've gotten out of this guy since my freshman year.

We walked in silence, well mostly me, the president was just a mumbling mess. I made it outside and saw Addie leaning against a tree, scrolling through her phone. "Addie!" I say as she looks up and waves at me, but once she sees who's behind me, a sour look molds onto her face. Once we're closer Addie pulls me into her chest, "Watch out Sam" Addie says, glaring at the class president, "There's a rat infestation" the president and I both sigh at the same time, "He's here to talk to you, Addie," I say trying to get out of her iron grip. I get out of her grip as I shove them both in one direction, "I'll be by my jeep" I say as I walk away I look back to see both of them walking a bit away before stopping. I made it to my Jeep and hopped in and started my car, looking out of the windshield I can sorta see them talking. I can see the president's lips move, I chuckle, "Addie my dear, I'm sorry-" I say in a deep voice, trying to sound like the president, "-and I love you" just then Addie starts speaking, "But class president, we can't!" I say doing the same to Addie. Addie turns to walk away but the president grabs her forearm. "But my love," I say, cackling a bit, "I can't answer you now," I say for Addie as the president makes a face as if he's calculating his next words. "Then meet me at the edge of the wilting forest tonight, I'll be awaiting your answer" I mock as Addie sighs. Looks like whatever they were talking about Addie agrees to.