#2 Discussion with Shiina

As I was thinking this, a sturdy-looking man with the physique of a professional wrestler walked in. It was probably the homeroom teacher. Seeing this, the others went back to their seats.

 "I'm Tomoya Mashima, and I'll be taking this A class. My subject is English. In this school, we don't change classes for three years until graduation. You'll be spending the next three years with me. The entrance ceremony will be held in an hour from now, but before that, I'd like to explain the special rules of this school. First, I'd like to hand out this document, the students in front of you please pass it to the students behind you."

 As he said this, Mashima-sensei handed the students in the front seats a familiar document. That's the one that was sent with the acceptance letter, right?

 I'm pretty sure ...... that this high school has different rules than other high schools around the country. Students are required to sleep in a dormitory provided by the school during the school year and are not allowed to have any contact with the outside world during the school year, except for special exceptions.

 However, this school has prepared entertainment facilities such as karaoke, theater rooms, cafes, boutiques, convenience stores, and supermarkets so that students will not feel dissatisfied. Well, I'm sure you won't have any trouble living here.

 And then there is the most unusual thing: the introduction of the S system.

 "This is the student ID card that will be handed out now. This card has points assigned to it, and by spending the points, you can use the facilities on the grounds and purchase goods sold there. In short, you can think of it as a credit card for the school. You can buy anything on the school's premises."

 That's really easy to understand. But even though it's exclusive to the school, if they let students have credit cards, some of them will go bankrupt, right? In fact, I've heard stories of adults going bankrupt with credit cards.

 "It's easy to use the points, so you won't get confused. The points will be transferred on the first day of every month. Each point is worth one yen, and as a new student, you should have received 100,000 points."

 Oops, ......, you said something interesting. The points are transferred on the first day of every month. There is a lot of buzz around us about the fact that 100,000 points have been transferred, but only me and the girl are aware of the important thing.

 It is easy to misunderstand what he said earlier, but he never said that 100,000 points would be coming in every month. This means that the points you receive per month will vary. There are 160 students per grade, or 480 students in three grades if there are no dropouts. If they get 100,000 points per month, that's 576 million points per year. At the rate of one yen per point, that's 576 million yen. This is too large an amount to pay unconditionally just because the government is running it.

 There are always other sides to a good story. There are those who benefit and there are those who suffer. That is the way of the world. It is also common to deceive people so that they don't understand it.

Even though it is a prestigious school, the entrance ceremony was a typical entrance ceremony with a big guy talking about the school's philosophy.

 After that, Mashima-sensei gave us a brief talk about the school's facilities. Even though it was a prestigious school, the basics seemed to be the same as any other school.

 "This is the end of the orientation. You will have classes tomorrow, so please be prepared for that."

 Mashima-sensei said and walked out of the classroom. This teacher seemed to have minimal communication with the students. Well, I'm sure she'll answer my questions.