Part 2

Alyssa POV
———

When I walked into the cabin, mum was asleep on the couch with a glass of wine in her hand.

She looks like a total fucking idiot.

I decided to wait until she wakes up to tell her.

"So you're back"

I turned around and my Aunt Leigh was there

"Yeah"

She looked at me with a bit of concern

"Are you alright, y'know, after what happened last night?"

I thought about Bonnie. I kind of feel bad for her, she never learned what love is so as soon as she found someone she did love, she started to see things in their relationship that weren't there. After we killed him, she just got stuck in grief. I think she could be a good person again, she just really needs some help.

"Yeah, I'm fine"

Aunt Leigh looked at me like she didn't quite believe me.

"Well, alright then... I take it James found you, I saw you getting out of his car."

"Yep"

"He left in quite a hurry after seeing your note"

I thought about how he thought I was gonna "do something bad"

"Really"

"Yeah" She said and paused for a moment, "Well, I've got to get back to work, the cafe isn't gonna run itself"

When she left I went to my room and I looked in my mirror.

I look like a bloody mess.

I noticed the picture of me and Todd wasn't in the corner of the mirror but instead somewhere on the ground. It was probably James.

I won't be needed the picture anyways, I don't really want to look at it, so I threw it away.

I went back into the living to see if my mum was up yet. She was.

She looked really tired, as usual with circles under her eyes and pale skin.

"Sweetheart?" She said in her high pitched voice

"Hi mum"

"How are you"

"I'm doin alright" I said "Look, I need to talk to you about something"

I sat down on the couch next to her trying to figure out how to tell her I'm now a divorced woman without her freaking out. I know she's already still mad at me for running away from the wedding, I don't blame her though.

I figured I should just say it since things between me and her were already bad, "Todd and I are getting a divorce" I smiled when I was finished even though I knew it wouldn't do anything for me.

"WHAT"

"Shit" I thought to myself.

"yeah" I said

"FIRST YOU RUN AWAY FROM THE WEDDING THAT I PAID TEN GRAND FOR, AND NOW YOU'RE GETTING A DIVORCE"

"Look, I'm sorry mum, I had to, I don't feel the same about Todd anymore."

"It's all because of that James boy... I tried to keep you away from him because HE is the reason you're life keeps getting ruined, when will you understand he is not GOOD FOR YOU"

That just made my blood boil

"MUM IT WAS EITHER I SPEND MY WHOLE LIFE WITH SOMEONE I DON'T LOVE OR I
GET A DIVORCE AND BE WITH SOMEONE I DO LOVE, JAMES IS GOOD FOR ME, I DON'T CARE THAT HE LIVES IN HIS CAR OR THAT YEAH, WE DO GET INTO TROUBLE WHEN WE ARE TOGETHER BECAUSE I LOVE HIM AND YOU JUST HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT"

She looked furious with me
———
                                 Gwen POV

I am so furious with her.

She is an adult now, she shouldn't need to stay with me anymore. I've done everything for her and this is what I get in return, her going back to the man I tried to protect her from.

"Y'know what" I started "You're 19 now and I feel like I have failed to raise you. If you want to go run off the that boy, go, you are no longer my responsibility because... I'm kicking you out"
———

                               Alyssa POV
"...I'm kicking you out"

What. The. Fuck. Did. She. Just. Say.

"FINE, I don't even like it here with you anyways"

I went to my room, got a couple of clothes and my money then went back out in the living room. How the fuck could she do this to me, I'm her literal daughter.

She was glaring at me as I started to walk to the door.

Right before I was about to leave I turned around to her, "Fuck off and die in a hole"

I stormed out and didn't even look back.

—————

I don't even know if anyone is reading my story but if anyone is reading this THANK YOUUUU this is my first book so idk wtf im doing lol