Part 3

James POV

That night, I couldn't fall asleep. I couldn't stop thinking about Alyssa and that she loves me and I love her. I also couldn't stop thinking about Bonnie. I told the police to get her some extra help and I hope they listen to me because she isn't well in the head.

I ended going to sleep around 1 in the morning, I don't have a phone but my car has a digital clock. It isn't that comfortable, sleeping in a car. I really miss my dad, my house, my mum...

- 9 hours later -

When I woke up, I had a feeling that something was wrong. I hated that feeling. I tried to shake off the feeling and found a pond and splashed some water on my face to help wake me up. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair then went into town to find somewhere to eat.

Alyssa POV

When I left I had no idea where I was going to go, I just hoped that James was close by.

I wasn't that hungry which wasn't that surprising anymore so I found a bench and made one of my shirts a pillow then decided to call it a night and leave the rest of my problems to tomorrow

James POV

As I was driving I saw someone on a bench, I didn't think much of it until I got a closer look.

It was Alyssa.

I parked my car at the side of the road and went up to her. She was still sleeping so I tried to wake her up gently so I wouldn't scare her.

"Alyssa" I whispered

She didn't budge. I shook her a bit.

"Alyssa" I said louder and she starting waking up.

"Hey"

"James?"

I still didn't know why she was sleeping on a bench, "What are you doing, what happened?"

She paused for a moment, "I told my mom about Todd and I getting a divorce. She didn't take it well and she kicked me out"

Holy shit

"Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that"

There was an awkward silence

"Where will you stay now?" I asked

"No idea" she said looking past me. I turned around to where she was looking, my car.

I turned back around "Well, you can stay with me if you'd like. It's not much but it's better than nothing I guess"

"Alright" she looked back at me and stood up "thank you" and walked towards the car.

I couldn't help but smile to myself, things were kind of going back to how they were before, us living in my car, not having a destination, and we love each other.

I got in the car and she was already in it.

"Are you hungry?" I asked

"Very"

"Good, I am too"

— later that day—

Alyssa POV

I have to say, it was really nice being back on the road with James.

It was quite silent in the car but it was a comfortable silence.

"Does the radio work in you car"

"Yeah, it does" he reached over and turned it on.

It was playing shit music so I turned it until I finally settled on a station.

A women started talking on the radio "Next up, have a classic that if you don't know this song, I don't trust you" and started laughing at herself which, was kinda weird but, whatever.

I could not believe the song that started playing.

It was the song that James and I danced to in the professor's house 2 years ago.

I looked over at James and he looked at me, we both started smiling.

"You sing loud and I'll sing louder, settin the woods on fire"

We were driving by the woods and there were no cars around us so James pulled over.

He got out and I started smiling because I knew what he was about to do.

I got out too and he turned the radio up.

"Close your eyes I promise I won't look" he said  then closes his eyes started to dance. I also closed my eyes and began to dance to.

We weren't really thinking about anything in the moment. It was just us, dancing with our eyes closed not giving the tiniest shit of what was to come next because all we need is each other.

I opens my eyes to find James still dancing. He looks exactly like he did that night. I spun him around like the did the last time then stopped him.

"We'll set close to one another, up one street and down the other"

I looked at him and he opened his eyes to look at me.

I know I said I need time and I do but right now, fuck it.

                             James POV

It was just like the night 2 years ago. She and I dancing to this song with our eyes closed, it felt amazing.

She started to spin me around and I started getting really nervous and excited because when she spun me around last time, she was going to kiss me.

And then she stopped me and I opened my eyes and she was looking back at me. I can never get over out beautiful she is. She looked at me for a moment and then before I even got the chance to process anything, she kissed me but only for a second. I looked at her surprised because I thought she had said the needed time but she was still looking at me, so I kissed her back.

The kiss was long and passionate. I didn't want this moment to end.

When she finally broke the kiss, the song had came to an end and we were both smiling.

We got back in the car and started driving. I don't know where we're going but I know wherever I go it will never be boring with Alyssa.

———

Thought I'd make a little reference to the first season :)