Long Time: Part 2

"Patrick-motherfucking-Stump." She looked shocked, but I couldn't tell if she was angry or happy.  "I never expected to see you again."

"I honestly didn't expect to see you either." I smiled at her,  hoping it might make things easier on both ends.  "But here we are. "

"It's been years. " She suddenly seemed very shy and small. Her body language had changed from shocked to nervous. 

"Yeah, it has. How have-" I didn't get to finish my question, as Ellie collided with me.  She flung her arms around my neck,  and her head was on my shoulder. I could feel the sleeve containing my album against my back as I put my arms around her carefully, in a hug. "I missed you too, El."

"I need this." Her voice was soft and muffled,  but it was calm. "Oh god have I needed this."

I chuckled a bit to myself, quite happy to be hugged by this little angel. "I can hug you as long as you want."

"Buy me your record and I'll let you take me to lunch." Ellie  lifted her head and pulled away slightly,  so she was looking me in the eyes.  "Please?"

"I think I can handle that." I released my arms. "Let's go buy that record then."

Ellie grabbed my hand, turned,  and led me to the front of the shop.

She disappeared as quickly as she came, leaving me only an address, a date, and a time to pick her up scribbled on the receipt.

My heart was about to fly out of my chest,  but it was wonderful.

I left the shop rather quickly as well, extremely exited to tell someone about Ellie. I was in my car and on the phone in moments. 

"Hey Patrick! What's up? " Pete's voice cane through the speakers of my car as I drove down the road. 

"You will never believe who I just met." I was grinning like an idiot.

"Who?"

"Ellie. I saw Ellie."

"Underage, unconventional, smoke-show Ellie?"

"That's the one."

"Wow."