Chapter 1

Ellie shouldn't be allowed internet access. Not when she uses ot to write a sub-par story written as a fanfiction. A sub-par story only roughly based in truth. She's overly dramatic. She's insanely overdramatic. Trust me when I say I didn't just decide to take some random schizophrenic girl in. I fell in love with her long before then. I met her for the first time in 2004. I was 20. She was 15. I, of course, didn't know how much older I was than her. She was drinking like the rest of us, and the party was definitely not full of hormonal teenagers. 

She was quiet, and unlike the rest of us, she just observed. She was sitting on the couch in the corner, clutching a brown beer bottle in her hands. She didn't seem too interested in anything going on. I understood that, I felt that way often. The girl she'd come with had long ago left her to go dance with people, so she was sitting alone. It wasn't until some watsed asshole tried to put his hands on her that I decided I should go sit with her. 

We talked. We talked for a good long time. She seemed cool. She was nice and smart and she wasn't arrogant or self-absorbed. 

"You know, I don't even know why I'm here. She dragged me along and promised she'd keep me company. Ten minutes later she's grinding on some tatted up guy she's never met." She had her elbows on her knees as she leaned forward, and there was a hint of a smile on her face. "Some fucking rockstar."

I had to stop myself from laughing. That tatted up guy just happened to be Pete. In the hour we'd talked, I's failed to mention that I was a rockstar. I knew I didn't look like one, and I wasn't acting like one. She wasn't interested in them, so I kept my mouth shut. I didn't want to scare away such a sweet girl. "Why did you let her drag you to a party where you knew you wouldn't have fun?"

"She's my best friend. She's my only friend. I'd let her drag me anywhere." She shrugged and looked at the beer she was holding. "She's amazing. I love her to death. She just wants me to meet people."

I could understand that. Her friend was what Pete was to me. The push. That nudge to get you into the world. The push who just so happened to sleep with everyone.

That was the moment I decided I liked her. That was when I decided I wanted her.