First Date

I couldn't express in words how excited I was to be taking Ellie to lunch. I had high hopes for our relationship. I'd dated off and on since I'd lost her, but none of it ended well.

I parked my car on the side of the road, and was about to get out, but I stopped. Ellie was standing in the sidewalk in front of me, talking to no one. By the looks of it, she was angry and yelling. I was worried, and opened the door to my car, getting out.

And then it happened, my destiny.

Ellie turned quickly, and ran into the middle of the street. I ran after her, and it was a good thing I did. I slammed to the ground on top of her, pushing her out of the way of an oncoming minivan. Just in time to save her life.

"What the fuck are you doing? " I looked down at Ellie, confused." You could have died. "

She looked shocked for a moment, and then pushed me off of her. " That's not any of your business." She slowly stood up, looking down at me. "What are you doing here anyway?"

I quickly for myself to my feet, and stared at her for a long time. "I was supposed to come pick you up for lunch. A... A date."

"I never agreed to that." She had crossed her arms over her chest. "You're lying."

"Ellie, I'm not lying." I sighed, and tried to take a step towards her.

She stepped back.

"I came here to get lunch with you. I came here and found you screaming at nonexistent people." I didn't want to scare the poor girl, as she was obviously confused.

"He is not nonexistent. He is very much existent." Her voice was firm, she believed what she saying. "Leave me alone. I don't need you."

"Ellie, you're wearing the exact same clothes you were three days ago." I tried stepping closer again, and she once again maintained our distance. "It's not sanitary."

"I've washed them. " She sounded offended, and I regretted my words. "Why does it matter to you? What's your deal with me?"