Chapter two ² | The Spirit of Flowers Ceremony

• • • • • • •

• • • • • • •

Doyun sighs playing with a piece of his hair wondering if he should cut it soon while continuing walking towards the sacred place where he'd train with Tanya to learn the spirit dance with the great mother. As they usually did.

Once arriving he noted that Tanya and Choseol their mother was already there causing him to dip his feet into the low water moving carefully over to his family. They always do the spirit dance training in the shallow water where it went up to their ankles. In front of them was a large old tree that's trunk at the bottom was naturally slightly carved out, a sacred place of the Wahan Tribe.

Standing next to Tanya while their mother prepared a few things Doyun moved his hand over to Tanya who took it giving it a slight squeeze sending each other encouraging looks. Dropping hands when Choseol turned around to face them.

"For I wish to see, So I come before you." Both Doyun and Tanya spoke out loud calmly in unison as they usually did before the dance. With that said the three started the spirit dance.

"Three steps back." Choseol spoke out calmly before doing as she said the twins behind her following her instructions the water moving and sloshing with their feet as they did. At first, the twins followed their mothers dance moves perfectly, which if anyone were to see them could notice how much concentration they were putting in.

Doyun and Tanya both started to whistle the all too familiar bird tune they'd been taught to whistle during the spirit dance, in perfect sync. As they danced a bird with the same pitch tune came fluttering down and onto Choseol's arm even if she wasn't the one whistling before flying off.

The spirit dance now picking up pace ever so slightly and reeked ancient energy from the certain moves they used, the twins not whistling at this part concentrating on the way they angle their arms and keep their posture right while dancing.

Stepping backward three times again the moves picking up considerable pace as the seconds went by moves becoming bolder. The three getting to the stage of kneeling in the water as their hand movements mingled with the shallow water around them.

As quick as they were kneeling in the water they were back to standing as they continued the dance with twists and turns slowly entering the dance as well. As they were nearing the end of the spirit dance Doyun from the corner of his eyes could tell Tanya was struggling to keep her balance in the water.

With the last twist, Tanya went down to the water not finishing the last move of the spirit dance causing Doyun to stop as well wobbling as he grabbed onto Tanya's arm gently so she wouldn't accidentally get a face full of water. Though Choseol ignored this finishing the dance off easily as she'd been doing for decades. Only when she had finished did she look over at her children observing Doyun pulling Tanya up from the water.

"This is why you still can't dream. You must learn the dance and start dreaming. Only then will you be allowed to learn the spell of the great white wolf." Choseol bluntly stated to her daughter who looked down while Doyun held back a sigh looking towards his mother.