Chapter five ⁵ | Arthdal

• • • • • • •

• • • • • • •

Doyun and Tanya helped move their mother towards a tree away in privacy along with Moogwang and another Saram warrior accompanying them in case they tried to run. Doyun and Tanya gently laying their mother against the tree, the twins kneeling next to her.

"Make it quick. No funny business." Moogwang states while moving his hands out to grab the top of Doyun's and Tanya's heads shaking them slightly. Though Moogwang stops shaking their heads stilling his hand as Doyun spoke out calmly.

"I warned you not to touch us. Have you forgotten?" Doyun didn't bother looking at Moogwang only looking forward at his mother as he'd spoke.

"You little bastard." Moogwang curse Doyun out kneeling next to him one hand grabbing Doyun's shirt and the other held up to hit him in the face.

"Underneath the crescent moon," Doyun spoke out sudden moving his head to properly look at Moogwang who once again freezes in his spot as Doyun continues "A hand will rip out your heart."

Moogwang at Doyun's threatening words didn't hit him after mulling over Doyun's words for a split second secretly afraid of that ending up happening.

"Fine, whatever." Moogwang spoke through gritted teeth standing up looking at the two twins before insulting them "Seulgga (Sickening) bitch and bastard."

After insulting them Moogwang seemed satisfied on what he said before turning around to walk away with the other Saram warrior who followed closely behind.

Once they were alone both Tanya and Doyun hugged gently while Doyun ran a hand soothingly back and forth on his sisters back to comfort her. Doyun was known in the Wahan tribe to have an amazing hug that most would eagerly accept and return.

After a few seconds, they pull back moving their attention to their mother.

"Are you leaving us?" Tanya had been the one to talk first quiet and gentle. Though Choseol didn't say anything looking at her children.

"Is it because of us? Did this happen because we are a cursed bitch and bastard who appeared on the day of the Azure Comet that appears along with death? Is that why you're passing away?" Tanya questioned her mother again hoping for some sort of answer to any of her questions. Doyun didn't flinch at Tanya's words silent knowing she was emotional in this moment and for a good reason.

"Tanya... Doyun... This has been in the works for a long time now." Choseol managed to say answering but not answering Tanya's questions though Tanya asked what she meant.

"Finally, I'm relieved of my duty. It's all up to you both now." Choseol explained causing Doyun to clench his jaw realising his mother was really passing while Tanya held back tears.

"Us? What can a girl like me possibly do? We haven't learned your dance yet and I haven't had dreams either. Doyun doesn't believe in his dreams anymore because he thinks most of them aren't right." Tanya spoke out eyes watery, not ready to say goodbye to her mother.