Chapter six ⁶ | The Union Leaders Fall

• • • • • • •

• • • • • • •

"I am Eunseom, the dream and warrior of Wahan!" Eunseom yelled out from where he stood in the village market in a high up tower out of a window holding San-woong hostage.

"Your Union leader, Sanung Niruha is with me right now." Eunseom explained though as villagers gathered around crowding it below, they saw their Union leader easily in Eunseom's grasp muttering to each other, shocked at the sudden events that were happening.

"Do you really wish to greet the dead body of your father by becoming Wahan's enemy? Then I'll gladly kill this man." Eunseom yelled out rhetorically asking the people below.

Just as Eunseom spoke again Guards came towards the center of the village where he was including Gilseon who asked a guard already posted there on duty what was happening. The guards only response was that Eunseom was just shouting up there.

"Do you wish to hold your fathers hand while he's alive?" Eunseom continued loudly, stating the bone knife he still had at San-woong's throat so he wouldn't try to escape.

The guard then informed Gilseon as they all watched Eunseom that guards had gone up already to stop him but they were all defeated.

"Bring the people of Wahan before me. I will return your father to you and with the people of Wahan, I will climb over the stonewall and go back down the Great Black Cliff." Eunseom stated just wanting his people back and for them to be able to live in peace back in Lark.

"Did that dujeumsaeng really do this all on his own?" Gilseon asked, still looking upwards at the young man knowing nothing of him, wondering how he could have done this all on his own.

"People of Arthdal, Listen to me! I am Eunseom, the dream and warrior of Wahan." Eunseom yelled out ready to repeat his words.

"Bring the Wahan dujeumsaengs." Gilseon decided and told one of the guards who agreed before asking what he was going to do then.

"I'll try to negotiate. He can speak but I'm not sure he'll understand." Gilseon spoke out still looking upwards at the Wahan warrior.

Until someone in the crowd yelled out that Tagon was there as Tagon walked through the crowd that separated for him easily along with his warrior following behind him. Villagers cheer Tagon's name.

"I will go up there." Tagon calmly stated to anyone around to hear. Causing everyone to cheer once again, confident Tagon would save San-woong as Tagon in their eyes was a hero.

Gilseon looked over at Tagon worried about his safety but Tagon just nodded his head as if to say it was okay causing Gilseon to reluctantly look down.

"Listen to me, warrior of Wahan. I am a member of the Saenyeok Tribe. And my name is Tagon, the son of Sanung Niruha. I want my father to be alive when I greet him. Thus, I will return the people of Wahan to you. I will abandon my sword to meet you." Tagon spoke and explained looking up at Eunseom as the villagers around Tagon cheered.