12

Everson

It took Ever approximately one hour to finally get out of bed each morning. But today it took around two. He was avoiding. He was avoiding Bash, and Octavious, and Nyan, and Mara and Kaida because Nyan definitely told them what happened.

Well, he was avoiding his whole damn family. Despite how it may seem, Ever hated conflict. He hated knowing someone was angry at him. Many people were angry at him.

Normally in this situation he would start drinking or go see Ryn. But alcohol seemed like a bad option at the time and Ryn was currently nowhere to be found.

He snickered to himself as he put his clothes on. She was totally getting laid.

He sighed, and opened his bedroom door. It was time to face the music. He strode down the corridor a smile on his face.

Mara came out of her room on the left dressed in an all red dress.

"Hello, Sweetheart," he greeted.

She narrowed her hazel eyes and grabbed his arm, dragging him towards her and into her bedroom. Once inside she pushed him to the wall.

Kaida was there too, they both glared at him.

He looked back and forth between the two, eyebrows raised to his forehead. They really were a terrifying duo.

His grin widened, though he did not feel happy. They probably hated him. "Well, if you don't mind me, I'm gonna head out." He turned to go but he was once again pressed to the wall but this time by Kaida's hand.

"Come on, Kai. Not you too." He'd figured Kai of all people would understand. They both still glared at him. He looked between the pair of them. "Listen, I am feeling very hated right now-"

"Shut up," hissed Mara. "You're going to tell us what is going on."

Ever frowned. "But-"

"Bash, Tavi, and Nyan are all acting weird. So you are going to tell us what the hell is going on," Mara cut him off. Kai stood watching, sneering in his direction. She was always sneering at someone, today it was Ever she decided to sneer at.

So ... they didn't know? Nyan didn't tell them?

He decided to play the dumb card. "So naturally you assume I know?"

"You do know! You were nowhere to be seen yesterday, that seems suspicious to me. So you better spill or ... else."

Kai rolled her eyes from behind Mara. "You suck at threatening people Mar."

"Are you ..." Ever paused for dramatic effect, placing a hand to his chest. "... Threatening me? I am shocked. And hurt. Hurt!"

"Oh just tell us!" Mara whined. "Yesterday was so weird and awkward. And Ryn wasn't there and neither were you."

"I was out doing business stuff."

"You're not funny Ever."

"I am truly hurt by that sentence."

"Everson! Tell us right now!"

Ever kept his face blank. "I'm sorry but I simply don't know what you are talking about."

"You wanna play that game Crestwood? Fine. You're in my castle and my land. And my people actually love me," said Mara who grinned arrogantly. "I will lock up every speck of alcohol in this castle and then I will instruct every tavern, every bar, every person to not give Everson Crestwood booze!"