17

"Just jump!" Ever shouted getting frustrated.

"I'm am not jumping on you. Get on the ground right now."

Ever smirked and I knew he was going to say something ever-like. "You want me to get on my knees for you?" He gasped. "Your boy toy over there wouldn't approve."

I looked over to Raiden who was about ten feet across from us talking to Octavious. They both looked at us like we were crazy children. I smiled back at Ever. "Neither would yours."

"Oh, don't even go there."

"You know what? I'll just jump, okay?"

"My god woman make up your mind."

We had been walking for what felt like years. In truth it had only been like a day but whatever my feet were going to fall off. We had stopped for a small break, the others were in front of us, and Raiden and Octavious were across from us. I asked Ever to give me a piggyback ride he agreed only if I gave him one next. We were struggling to say the least.

I jumped onto his back without warning, he let out an oomph, he tried to grasp for balance but he lost it and we both went tumbling forward, falling into the snow.

"Ever!"

My body shook from his laughter. His laugh was always contagious for me, especially when it was his real one, and despite myself, I burst out in giggles. He was the only person who could ever make me laugh like this. I clutched a hand to my stomach as it started to hurt. There was always something about Everson that made everyone want to laugh. I truly don't know how he did it.

I shoved snow in his face and he fell back down onto the ground still laughing his ass off. "You did that on purpose!"

His blue eyes widened like I was a crazy person. "I didn't know you were going to tackle me from behind!"

"I don't know why this is so hard for you, Raiden can do it just fine."

"Well I'm not Raiden," he retorted sticking his tongue out at me.

"Not even close," said Raiden from across us where he chatted with Octavious.

"Are you two just sitting there watching us fail miserably?" Hissed Ever with narrowed eyes.

"We're standing actually," said Raiden with a smirk at the same time Octavious said,

"Yes."

Ever flipped Octavious off then stood up and offered me his hand. I grasped it and lifted myself off the snow-covered ground.

I jumped onto Evers back again and though he stumbled a bit, he grasped my knees as I clutched his shoulders and finally we didn't topple to the ground.

"Aha!" He exclaimed. "We did it!"

I laughed holding back tears of joy, I pointed to the trees ahead. I tried to sound like a posh British man as I said, "Onward, sir Crestwood!"

"Whatever thy wish thy lady!"

"You guys are children," said Octavious as he and Raiden began to follow us up the hill.