13

Avaryn

I woke with the stars shining down on my face. I groaned loudly without opening my eyes. I didn't know what time it was but I just knew it was far too early for me to get up.

A hand slapped over my face hitting me continuously until I stopped groaning. I finally opened my eyes to see a pale hand hovering over my face. My head turned to see Ever lying in the field beside me.

I glared death at him. "I'm not an alarm clock." But when I started talking again he started hitting again.  "Ever! Stop hitting me, you bastard!"

"Iss too early," he mumbled and turned onto his stomach. His hand was still all in my face so I willed my arm to move and shoved him off. "Oh my god woman, let me rest," he murmured into the grass but now his eyes were open staring up at me as I lifted myself.

I took in our surroundings. A big field enclosed with trees. "We slept outside," I said in disgust. It wasn't my first time sleeping outside but that didn't mean I was fond of it.

"Not my first time, if you know what I mean."

"I really don't know what you mean."

"You probably don't want to then."

"No, I think I'm okay."

I looked at the sky. It couldn't be passed two am. My eyes found their way back to Ever who was now softy snoring. I looked at the grass beneath me feeling my eyes get heavy again. Fuck it, I thought then laid back down. I was half asleep when I felt Evers body drape across mine but I was too out of it to shove him off. I barely cared anyway.

Though I was only half aware of my surroundings I took note of the sudden loss of the light of the stars. It was as if the light had disappeared or as if someone was blocking it from view.

I opened my eyes once again to see a person standing before me. It took my eyes a few tries to focus on who it was.

Raiden glared down at me. Or I thought he was glaring at me until he knelt so I was closer to his face. He was glaring at something next to me. I turned to see Ever, his body half on top of mine, his head on my shoulder.

Unexpectedly, Raiden grabbed Ever by his hair and tilted his head up till they were eye level. Ever was wide awake now staring wide-eyed at him.

"Off," Raiden demanded.

Ever obediently rolled off of me taking Raidens threat seriously. Ever rubbed his head once Raiden let go. "Did you have to go for the hair?"

Raiden's eyes only narrowed. "Would you rather I rip off your limbs until none of them were touching her?"

Ever grinned. "Yes."

"You're so strange," I mumbled to Ever then turned to Raiden to flick his forehead. "And you don't get to be possessive. If you try again I'll rip your limbs off."

Raiden only stared back at me, blinking. "That wasn't possessiveness. I just don't trust them. You know that."

Raiden was different around the Devaras. He was ... calm. It was weird. He didn't show his personality at all, he was always on guard, waiting for something to happen.