chapter three

IT TOOK US SOME TIME to find where Collins was when we reached the field, but I noticed his blonde hair and blue eyes, a confused and nervous expression on his face as he awkwardly looked around by the ticket stand. I was glad I decided to come tonight, otherwise the poor thing would've been lost the whole time.

"Collins!" I waved my hand up in the air as he heard his name and looked around, a sense of relief washing over his gaze as he smiled at us, making his way over.

"Oh my God. He's beautiful," Monica murmured, her gaze dreamy and her flirt status on.

"Don't be too charming, he's new. Friends first," I warned, hoping Monica would listen to me.

"I know," she smiled and stepped forward, sticking her hand out as Collins reached us.

"Hi! I'm Monica, Finnley's best friend," Collins seemed to look at her in a weird way, the kind of weird way where you know a guy has just laid his eyes on the most beautiful—

"Collins," he smiled and shook her hand, looking to me next.

"I believe we've already met," he gave me an intriguing look, pretending to act as if he wasn't sure.

"It's Finnley, if you forgot," I stated and he squinted his eyes at me, stepping forward.

"That's right, McGowan," I couldn't get over his blue eyes and I cleared my throat, gesturing to the stands behind me.

"That's the student section over there. It's where we'll be sitting," Collins looked over and nodded his head, taking off in that direction.

"Holy shit, Finnley! His eyes are gorgeous! Did you see them?" Monica was fangirling quietly as I followed closely behind Collins, hoping he couldn't hear any of this.

"How can you not see them? They're huge, Monica," I bluntly replied but knew what she meant. He did have really nice eyes.

"Be nice!" Monica smacked my arm.

"Sorry! I'm not trying to sound mean, I'm just stating the obvious," I clarified.

Monica was silent before she finally whispered, "You're not wrong, his eyes are big. But beautiful," I was losing her again as she stared at Collins. I rolled my eyes and shoved her forward. She ran straight into him.

Monica turned around and gave me a death glare as Collins stopped walking, looking over his shoulder.

"Everything okay?" He asked with concern and Monica straightened out, brushing off her coat.

"Yeah, just tripped! You know me, clumsy..." she awkwardly chuckled and Collins gave a slow nod to that before continuing towards the stands.

"What the hell was that?" I murmured under my breath and Monica's whole face was white.

"Was I just awkward with a boy?" She asked and I nodded my head.

Monica looked straight ahead and it dawned on me what was going on. I gasped and she elbowed my side.

"First of all, ow! Second of all, oh my God you have a crush! An actual, like-like, mushy, non-fling, crush!" I stated the obvious and Monica closed her eyes in defeat, letting out a breath.

"Don't say anything, please?" She pleaded and I gave her an all-knowing look, tilting my head to the side.

"Monica, I would never do that. Now go walk next to him and show him where he's supposed to go. I don't wanna end up next to the freshmen," Monica laughed at that and murmured a thanks before filling the empty space next to Collins.