Chapter Two

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Hello, my lovelies...

Hope everyone is safe and well.

I hope you enjoy this little twist in the story...exciting stuff ahead!

J💕💕💕

Chapter Two

Ashleigh POV

"I'm nervous," Ashleigh said, twisting her fingers together. "This is so different to facing off a judge in a courtroom."

Richie chuckled and reached for Ashleigh's hand while he drove, kissing her knuckles. "Dot can be formidable but just be yourself, darlin'," he assured her. "Her world's just been sent topsy turvy and she's scared, I guess."

"Did Jon really strip and go into the wait position?!"

"Apparently."

"I can understand why that freaked her a little," Ashleigh mused.

Richie had called her after Jon's phone call and then again after their band meeting, just needing to talk. When he brought up the suggestion of a meeting between the two couples, Ashleigh had readily agreed and spent the next day freeing up her schedule.

"I've missed you, darlin'," Richie said, squeezing her fingers a little. "I like having someone I can talk to about this other side of me. And I'm very happy that you're spending the weekend with me." He guided her hand to his lap.

"So it seems," she purred, relishing the feel of his semi-hard flesh beneath the fabric of his pants. She had used her mental showreel of their previous weekend to send herself into nights of post-orgasmic sleep. "I'm going to miss you while you're away, Rich."

"As I said the other night, baby," he replied, "if you can get the time off, I'll send a jet for you in a blink of an eye." He pulled the car outside of the restaurant. Handing over the keys to the valet, Richie opened the door for Ashleigh and helped her to the footpath. "I'm not sure if I told you earlier, but you look stunning tonight." He was about to kiss her when a flash went off from the other side of the street. "Goddamn paps," he grumbled. "Let's go inside."

"Sure," she said. Richie placed his hand on the small of her back and guided her into the restaurant. She felt safe with him, protected, both as a man and as her Master. Being in the profession that she was, Ashleigh wasn't unfamiliar with media being present but that was usually in her professional life, not her private life. That was going to take some getting used to.

Richie spoke with the concierge and they were shown to a private table. Richie held the chair for Ashleigh as a waiter stood to one side, ready to take instructions from the concierge who had then seated Richie.

Drink orders were taken and the waiter and concierge left after being advised that there were still two to arrive.

"So is there a plan for this evening?" Ashleigh asked. "Anything relevant I should know about Dorothea?" Ashleigh had dropped into work mode, needing to formulate a plan as though she was taking on a new client.

"Hmm, let's see," Richie said as their drinks were placed on the table. Richie nodded his thanks before continuing. "Dot was Jon's high school sweetheart so there's a lot of history there but I'm not sure anymore about how much love there is. Jon's always been the one we held as the epitome of a healthy marriage...but last weekend kind of put paid to that ideal."

"I'm sure there's still love there," Ashleigh said, kindly.

"Of course! Jon would sacrifice himself for his family and friends," Richie acknowledged. "Especially his kids."