-𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝙸 𝙷𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎? (𝙿𝚝. 𝟷)-

Would you j-jump in the Cadiwac with m-me?🥺👉👈

Requested by: @Fity_gost

TW: Cultish behavior, mild physical aggresion

Artist: Unkown

~Y/n's POV~

"Did you hear that Tommy has died?"

"Yeah! I heard Dream killed him."

"He was annoying anyways; always starting wars and conflict of some sort."

"I'm sure Prince Halo is excited about this. That kid was always a threat to the Eggpire."

I cringed in disgust as I listened to the passing conversations. All of the Badlands empire was celebrating the death of "Tommyinnit:" one of the most powerful people in all of the DreamSMP. All I had heard that morning in town was  whispers of joy and gossip about his death. Some thought that he had taken his own life or got into some dramatic fight, but it was officially announced that Dream—an imprisoned tyrant—had killed him in a fit of hysteria while trapped in the same cell together.

I pulled my jacket around my shoulders, just wanting to finish my errands and get away from the awful people that populated the streets and shops. How could someone celebrate the death of a child?

That was one of the terrible things about living in the Badlands: no one wanted to have their own opinion. Every citizen was like a robot; repeating whatever the prince said. The reason they were all so brainwashed was due to the influential power of the "Egg."

No one had ever seen this "Egg." It was only something the prince, Badboyhalo, apparently confided in to make his decisions. Posters and propaganda of it were pasted everywhere you looked. It made all of the Badlands have a chilling and evil aura cast over it. It seemed to affect people's outer aesthetic, too: making their eyes blood red, streaks of the same hues of dark red and white appear in their hair, veins that used to be light blue turned as red as the blood that pumped through them, and many other things among those lines.

I hadn't resided in the Badlands—or "Eggpire," as the prince would word it—but I found no signs of infections from said egg. Though that didn't mean I was safe from it's brainwashing, I at least still had my common sense unlike the red-and-white adorned people around me.

I found myself in a trance due to my racing thoughts. During that time I found myself stumbling towards a heavenly, bready smell. I noticed I had ended up at the door of a small, corner bakery.

The place looked quite run-down and overall depressing on the outside. The only way someone would know it was a bakery was the wonderful smell and small swinging sign on the outside that had hand-painted on it "Kitty Cafe."

At first, I wanted to get out of the dodgy area of the city, but decided to stay due to the promising smell and the well-lit inside.

I swung the door open, making the little gold bell attached to the frame ding! The inside wasn't much to write home about: only a couple of rickety chairs and tables made out of oak wood decorated the interior. A minorly-cracked display case displayed the most beautiful bake goods, however. The intricacies on the tiny treats were enough to draw me into the tiny shop.

A short baker popped her head out of, what I presumed, the kitchen door. An audible gasp escaped her lips before she slammed her hand over her mouth. Quickly regaining herself, she scurried out of the kitchen and gave me a tiny but warming smile.

"Hi there! I apologize for having such a..rude expression when I first saw you. I thought you were someone else," the young woman rambled, re-doing her blonde-and-purple hair and pulling it into a messy but tight bun. "I'm Nikki!" She introduced, sticking out her flour-dusted hand for me to shake.