《 The Remaining Power Of A Syren 》

Tw: light angst
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

(Y/n) stared quietly at the necklace that lay in their hand quietly.

The misty aquatic blue danced about inside of the glass.

Ranboo, Niki, and Puffy glanced at each other for a quick second before looking over at the child quietly.

The group of four didn't know what was going on at the kingdom that they had left not too long ago.

However, Puffy could only think of one thing.

It was destroyed by Schlatt and his goons.

The only reason why she thought that is because of how much Schlatt hated Phil.

"Hey, brother?" (Y/n)'s voice piped up capturing the said dirty blonde male's attention.

"Yeah, what is it?" Ranboo worriedly questioned.

(E/c) eyes met with Ranboo's own pair.

"Would you ever like to stay back there, with Phil and the others, as a normal human being?" (Y/n) suddenly asked.

This caused the trio to widen their eyes.

Ranboo went over to the younger and crouched in front of them, placing his hands on their shoulders.

"What do you mean, (N/n)?" He urged.

(Y/n) weakly smiled, "I could tell how much Tubbo wanted you to stay and be his friend."

Ranboo lightly clutched onto the other's shirt.

Puffy and Niki held worried looks but knew not to join in the conversation.

"I have enough power to make you become part of the human world," (Y/n) explained.

Hearing this caused Ranboo to realize what the younger was pointing at.

"Wait... No, you can't just say that, (N/n). Aren't you the one that said that we would one day be family with the humans even if we were still merpeople," Ranboo quickly said in a hushed tone.

(Y/n) responded with a painful smile, "Yeah, I did say that."

Niki nibbled on her bottom lip worriedly.

She knew that the necklace would crack and evaporate if the last little bit of power was ever used up.

The necklace was basically the core of the syren's power and if a merperson ever used it up for the right purposes, it would allow both the syren and merperson to be in complete control for the remaining bit.

"Why are you talking like this, (N/n)?"

(Y/n) fidgeted with their fingers as they looked quietly at the ground.

"I just think that you should be the first one to live a normal life, I can stay as a merchild for a bit longer."

Puffy stared at the sail in silence as her crew brought it down due to the darkened clouds of a possible storm up ahead.

"But that means you would have to head to Foolish's country," Ranboo tried to explain.

(Y/n) looked up at their brother and gave a reassuring smile.

"I don't mind, really. If it means helping my brother out, I would do anything for that to happen!" They declared.

Ranboo held an unsure look.

"Are you two hungry?" One of the crew members asked with a warm smile on their lips, as they held out two small loaves of bread.

The pair of siblings stared at the person in front of them and nodded their heads.

"I'm Hannah, it's nice to meet you both," the girl introduced kindly.

"I'm Ranboo and that's (Y/n)," Ranboo replied as he gave a silent thanks to the female before them as he took the pieces of bread from the other, giving one of the loaves to the (H/c)ette.

(Y/n) hummed out a thanks between the bread that they had already bitten into.

Hannah giggled a bit, "I heard that you're both merpeople, right? Where I'm from, we call your kind merfolk."

This captured the duo's attention.

"Then you must be a part of that one kingdom, who was the ruler again?" Ranboo thought with a confused look as he bit into the piece of bread.

"Minx?" Hannah questioned.

"Yes, Minx," Ranboo replied with a head nod after chewing and swallowing.

"Why are one of Minx's people here?" (Y/n) curiously asked.

Hannah hummed a bit as she thought up an answer.

"Well, she's business partners with Puffy and she thought that it would be a good idea to make me one of Puffy's crew mates to show our treaty towards each other," Hannah answered.

"Hey, Hannah!" Puffy's voice was heard calling out for the said female.

Hannah looked over at the sheep-like female and tilted her head, "Yeah?"

Puffy grinned a bit, "Do ye think that Minx would give us a warm welcome?"

Hannah brightened up a bit and nodded her head, "Yep!"

Puffy laughed gleefully as she took control of the boat.

(Y/n) and Ranboo sweatdropped as they finished off the piece of bread that they had.

"Niki, can ye tell Phil where we will be?" Puffy called over.

"Aye, aye, captain!" Niki agreed with a salute before heading off to write a letter to Phil.

The ship had a messenger bird that was able to get through harsh storms and winds so sending a letter to Phil wasn't gonna be hard at all.

"So, we're gonna be seeing Minx, huh?" Ranboo mumbled.

"What are you thinking about, Boo?" (Y/n) asked confused.

Ranboo waved off the shorter, "Nothing much, don't worry."

"Okay."

Puffy looked over her shoulder as she watched the pair of siblings get up off of the deck and head under into the sleeping quarters so that they could rest up for a bit.

"We're on the way to see Minx, get ready!" Puffy exclaimed.

"Aye!" The crew mates hollered as they all threw a fist into the air.

With this, Puffy started her adventure to Minx's kingdom.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•