fourteen- fair fun

"Hello monkey man" Emily said as she looked over at Henry.
"Hi!" Henry exclaimed then ran over and sat on JJ's lap.
"How'd you sleep?" JJ asked
"Good, can we go to the fair now?" Henry asked and Emily looked at her watch to see that it was already three thirty.
"Of course we can, just go grab your jacket and mommy is going to get dressed" Emily explained and Henry got up to run over to the coat rack.
"I will be right down" JJ responded after she got up as well.
"Will you grab my jacket?" Emily asked
"Emily, you're in work clothes come change" JJ said
"Fine... Henry we will be right down" Emily responded then followed JJ upstairs. JJ put on a green t-shirt, black jeans and black boots and Emily put on a black t-shirt with black jeans and boots. They headed down stairs and started getting ready to go. JJ began packing a bag with sunscreen, waters and money while Emily put Henry's shoes on him.
"Hey Em, why don't we invite Garcia" JJ suggested
"I'm fine with that, it would be nice for Henry and it can be like a girls thing." Emily replied
"Yeah, I'll call her." JJ  responded then called Garcia
"Hey JJ" Garcia said as she answered the phone.
"Hey Penelope, so Emily and I are taking Henry to the fair tonight and we were wondering if you wanted to come" JJ explained
"Oh, I'd love to, when are you going?" Garcia asked
"In about twenty minutes" JJ responded
"Okay, I will meet you there" Garcia responded and the call ended.    
"So are we ready?" Emily asked
"Uh-huh" Henry exclaimed happily and JJ walked over. They got in the car and Emily started driving.
"So Hen, what are you looking forward to?" JJ asked
"Chickens!" Henry yelled with happiness and JJ and Emily laughed.
"Chickens! No way!" Emily replied in a childish tone.
"Can I get a chicken?" Henry asked
"You told me you wanted a brother" Emily responded as she drove.
"And we aren't home enough to have a chicken" JJ said as she turned to face Henry.
"I want both!" Henry exclaimed
"Well, we need to think about the chicken okay?" JJ asked
"Okay" Henry replied sadly.
"Don't be sad love, because we are here," Emily said as she turned into the parking lot.
"Yay!" Henry yelled. Emily parked the car next to Garcia's.
"Hey Penelope" Emily said as she got Henry out of his car seat.
"Hello, my favorite family!" Garcia replied
"Aunt Penelope" Henry exclaimed as he took Emily's hand.
"Hey Penelope" JJ responded once she walked over to where Garcia was. They walked into the fair and bought their wristbands then began their long night of fun.
"So Henry where do you want to go first?" Garcia asked and Henry took her hand. Emily and JJ held hands as Garcia and Henry ran up to a ride.
"Has it already been almost four years since that little boy was born?" Emily asked happily.
"He's growing up so fast, he's full of joy, happiness and smiles and I don't know how he is going to handle tomorrow," JJ explained.
"He doesn't understand what's going on, but let's focus on that tomorrow and just have fun with our son and his crazy godmother" Emily said jokingly while they walked closer to Henry and Penelope.
"So what ride are we going on first?" Emily asked
"Pirate! Pirate!" Henry exclaimed as he pointed to the ride.
"Well let's go!" JJ responded. JJ and Henry went on the ride while Garcia and Emily stayed off.
"So what does Henry want these days?" Penelope asked
"Well he told us that he wants a little brother and a chicken" Emily laughed
"Wow... why don't I get a couple chickens at my house, I have the space, I have the time, I always stay home I never really go anywhere with you, and Henry can see them whenever he wants." Penelope explained
"Garcia, you don't need to do that" Emily responded
"Emily, I want to and if we fight about this you are not going to win" Penelope said and JJ and Henry ran over.
"That was so fun!" Henry yelled.
"Hey monkey man, let's keep your voice down" Emily laughed
"Henry, I was thinking that I was going to get some chickens for my house, what do you think?" Garcia asked
"That's a good idea!" Henry said
"Penelope, you don't need to do that" JJ responded
"I already tried to stop her," Emily said as she raised her hands up.
"Let's go on some more rides and maybe grab a bite and then we will get the chickens" Penelope explained
"Okay" Henry replied
"Alright then let's go" Emily said.
    They went on the merry go round, a couple small roller coasters, tilt a whirl, and a big slide then went to grab a bite to eat. After they got off the big slide JJ and Garcia sat down at a picnic table with Henry and Emily grabbed the food.
"So, I've got some chicken fingers for Henry, kettle corn for JJ, and cotton candy for Garcia." Emily exclaimed as she put the food on the table.
"Thanks Mama!" Henry said and Emily patted his hair as she sat down.
"Of course love" Emily responded. They ate their dinner and were off to go see the animals. They started with the bunnies, guinea pigs, and hamsters, then they saw the horses, donkeys, and cows, and finally they went to the chickens. They walked into the building and Penelope decided to let Henry pick all the eggs he wanted to hatch.
"So Henry pick out the eggs you want and in a couple days they will hatch" Penelope said
"Okay aunt Penelope" Henry responded then went over to the egg bin and Penelope walked away to go by an incubator and other things necessary for chickens.
"Henry, what ones are you picking out?" JJ asked
"I want those four" Henry replied as he pointed to the four brown eggs that were mixed in with the white ones. A couple minutes of Henry staring at the eggs and Garcia was back with a cart of all things for chickens.
"So did you pick?" Penelope asked
"Uh-huh" Henry replied. They got the eggs and Garcia left to go home and set everything up.
"Mama, I'm tired" Henry complained and Emily picked him up.
"I know bud" Emily responded
"Hey why don't we get going we have a long day tomorrow" JJ suggested.
"Sounds like a good idea" Emily replied and they left the fair.