Chapter 2: Introductions

Kiyotaka POV

Me and Ichinose passed through the gate and we started to make our way towards where the entrance ceremony will take place.

The awkward silence between the both of us felt really uncomfortable, I started to think of a good topic to talk about but failed to do so and I can't imagine myself starting the conversation first.

As I was in my thoughts thinking of a topic to talk about, a small commotion was occuring and it seems like Ichinose noticed this too.

A girl that had short beige colored hair paired with her gradient crimson eyes was talking to another girl that had long black hair paired with her gradient red eyes.

We weren't able to hear what they were talking about but the black haired girl look really annoyed while talking to the other girl.

After a few seconds, the black haired girl started walking away while saying something to the other girl that made her look down at the ground.

Ichinose was worried of the other girl and looked at me asking if it's alright if we can go to her, I nodded in response and she showed me a smile and quickly went to the girl, I soon followed with a slight delay.

As Ichinose was getting closer to her, she noticed her presence and turned around to face her.

???: "Ah! I'm sorry if I caused a commotion earlier." The girl said while bowing her head repeatedly.

Honami: "It's quite alright, we just came here to ask you what happened and if you're okay. My name is Ichinose Honami, it's nice to meet you-" She said while extending her hand to the girl for a handshake.

Kushida: "Thank you for your concern but i'm fine. My name is Kushida Kikyo, it's nice to meet you too Ichinose-san." They both showed a bright smile while shaking each others hand, it was quite a breathtaking sight.

Kushida turned her gaze to me noticing that I was staring at the both of them for a long period of time.

Kushida: "Ah sorry! I didn't notice that you were there, what might your name be?" She asked slightly bowing her head.

Kiyotaka: "It's fine. My name is Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, it's nice to meet you." I said trying to sound a bit more energetic but it didn't come out as I intended.

Kushida: "It's nice meeting you aswell Ayanokoji-kun." She replied with a smile but something felt off with it this time, it was somehwat forced.

Honami: "Kushida-san, you can walk with us to the entrance ceremony if you like." Ichinose suggested.

Kushida: "I'd like that a lot actually. What class are you both in by the way?" She curiously asked.

Kiyotaka: "Class D."

Honami: "Class D."

We said in unison and Ichinose turned towards me with a suprised expression but at the same time she looked really happy about it, I guess that's good.

Kushida: "What a coincidence, i'm also from Class D! I'll be in both of your care." Me and Ichinose nodded in response and the three of us started to walk towards the entrance ceremony.

Both of them were chatting happily while walking and they will sometimes ask me questions which I mostly avoided since it was about my past, but I was glad that they included me in their conversation.

Timeskip

I disliked the entrance ceremony and I can imagine most of the first year students felt the same as me. There was far too much time standing and it was really boring that I almost fell asleep.