Chapter 3: Defectives

Kiyotaka POV

After buying some things at the convenience store, I started walking back towards the dormitories.

At the reception desk, I recieved a keycard for Room 401 and a handbook containing information about the dorm's rules.

I got on the elevator and pressed the button to my floor. I quickly flipped through the handbook, which only detailed the most basic things that we needed for our daily routines.

As I was looking through the handbook, the elevator suddenly started making a grinding noise and it soon came to a halt.

Kiyotaka: "A power outage?" I muttered to myself while looking at the light that stopped at the third floor.

It's the only conclusion that I can draw but has this really just turned into such a clichè situation?

Though unlike all of the books that I was reading in the past, I wasn't stuck with a cute girl so I was a bit dissapointed.

I'm thankful that the AC is still working but I doubt that it'll last any longer than about half an hour so I better get out of here quickly.

I pulled out my phone and I was glad that Ichinose and I exchanged contact information when we were having lunch earlier.

As I was about to press the call button, I remembered Ichinose was going to the mall with a group of girls from our class this afternoon.

Not wanting to disturb her, I decided to just use the intercom in the elevator that was connected to an emergency dispatch center, so as to not disturb her.

But to my misfortune, the call showed no signs of connecting. Might be an internal failure of some sorts.

And to add salt to the wounds, the last four digits of the contact information for the emergency services were scribbled over with magic marker.

Kiyotaka: "What an evil prank." I muttered while I started thinking who would do such a childish prank.

I'm assuming that this is the work of a thrid year that already graduated since this was their dorms and I doubt that someone in our year could've done this since we just got here, though the mark that it left suggested it was made just a moment ago.

Kiyotaka: "Let's see." There were six students that passed me earlier on my way here to the dorms, it was four boys and two girls, the two girls seem innocent so I can exclude them and I can say the guy that was with them is also on the clear so that leaves the other three.

Kiyotaka: "Why am I even analyzing this?" I questioned myself.

I decided to stop thinking of that topic for now and go back to the current predicament that i'm in.

Kiyotaka: "I guess there's no other way huh." I muttered while looking at Ichinose's contact information in my phone.

I didn't know why but I was a bit nervous calling her, maybe because i'm calling a beautiful girl like Ichinose for the first time.

I took a deep breath then I hesitantly pressed the call button and waited for her to answer the call.

Honami POV

I was with four of my classmates and we were currently in a cafe talking to each other about random topics.

I was enjoying my time chatting with them but I was a bit embarrased of the current topic.