Cat Dad

June 29, 2021

"The story of how Mew and Hazard met." 

 -fluff, comedy

 -2187 words

 -inspired by hazard 

☀️🌻

Mew kept shifting his gaze, unsure of what's happening. His mouth hanging open while the toast on his hand was slowly slipping away. He loved Gulf's smile more than anything in the world but not this time.

Gulf's jaw grew tired from the forced grin he's been practicing since he got inside the elevator. Everything is okay. He will be okay. He kept thinking. He knows what he did was wrong but every time he laid his eyes on him, mistakes seem to become right.

"Gulf what did you do?"

"I know! But he was the only one left! All his brothers and sisters were taken and he looked so lonely and I mean look at his eyes! He was begging me to get him!"

"We've talked about this! I'm allergic to cats!"

"You said it wasn't that bad..." Gulf's pitch went a little higher but softer at the same time. Like a kid asking for one more popsicle stick.

"Gulf! No! Return it!"

"It has a name! Hazard!" The small white feline was now being extra guarded by a pair of slender arms and a defensive tone.

"You- you named it?! Great! Just great!" Mew throws his hands up in the air out of disbelief. It was obvious that his boyfriend has already made some kind of bond with the cat and he knew taking it... taking Hazard away by force would result in silent treatment and no sexy time for a very long time.

Unbelievable. Still, Mew was genuinely upset and offended.

"Whatever. I guess my opinions mean nothing to you at all."

"Phi that's not it! I'm sorry! I—" Gulf sighs at the lack of response. He held his new cat close and buried his nose on his short fur— looking for a little comfort to side with him.

☀️🌻

"He'll come around. They always do!" Mix makes incoherent noises as if he was talking to a baby.

Gulf lazily stirs his tea and looks at his own reflection in the small cup.

"I mean Earth didn't fancy cats at all. But now look at us, we have Edin and Somporn. Right baby girl? You're the cutest huh?" Mix continues to splurge on his cat's cuteness while giving advice through the phone. Gulf pouts his lips, secretly jealous of the two.

"But yeah what you did was a bad surprise, my friend. You should've at least told him you'll be bringing home a cat. Now go apologize and convince him that being a cat dad is the best thing in the world!"

"Thanks, Phi." Gulf places his phone on the kitchen counter and watches Hazard jump in and out of a tiny box and tumbles with it all over the place.

He can't not love you.

☀️🌻

Gulf lost count of how many times he said sorry and ngor his Phi. He also kept reminding himself not to get pissed when Mew ignores his effort because he knows very well that in this situation he has got no one but himself to blame. But if there's one thing Gulf knows best, it's how to give Mew tender loving care.