Desire - chapter 06

"You won't understand how excited I am to head downtown tonight!" Rose squealed. "After the terrible essay I've handed in, this will keep my mind off the grade I am about to receive." She added, grabbing her purse.

Little did she know, I couldn't wait to lose my mind on the dancefloor either.

The conversation Harry and I had earlier today, kept making its way into my head. Knowing that he had put me in the friendzone, stunned me. So to head out, dance with my best friend, and meet new people, was exactly what I needed.

"Snap out of your thoughts, Sofia!" Rose called out for me.

"Sorry." I quickly replied and tugged at the hem of my dress. "Are you ready?"

"More than ready! Let's go!" She cheered, and I found myself mimicking her enthusiasm.

We had ordered a cab, so we didn't have to walk or cycle to the club. At the entrance, there was a small group of people waiting on us; Rose had invited some of her classmates who were fun to be with. Meeting them, and having a quick chat, I noticed they were all very funny and in high spirits. It almost seemed they hadn't gone out for a long time.

An hour had barely passed by, but Rose was already making out with somebody. I saw her and the guy in the corner of the club; busy claiming every kiss as if their lives depended on it.

Just when I thought that I had found eye contact with someone interesting, I felt somebody tapping on my shoulder. Turning around, I was met with a stranger.

"Could you follow me, miss?" One of the bouncers asked me. I recognized the logo on his t-shirt, showing the company he worked for.

"Sure." I responded while being completely oblivious to why I needed to follow his tracks. "Why are we here?" I questioned him when we walked to the end of a hallway and stood in front of a closed emergency exit.

"Can I have your ID?" He asked.

"Why?" I wanted to know, slowly getting nervous.

"Somebody informed me you're not twenty-five yet. As you may know, this club only allows people who are twenty-five or older." He explained.

While I let his words sink in, I knew there wasn't anything I could do. I didn't have my fake ID with me, so I could only give my real one which would show him my real age; twenty-two.

The longer it took to reply to his request, the more he understood I wasn't able to hand him my ID. That's why, without saying anything else, he opened the emergency exit and escorted me outside.

"Don't let this happen again." He warned me before he stepped inside and I was left at the back of the club.

Once I heard the door slam shut, I cursed as I was totally mad at what had just happened. I knew, if they'd spot me at the club again, I'd end up on a list that would deny me access for a couple of years.

"Shit." I breathed out, agitated.

I searched for Rose's number and dialed her right away.

"Hi, this is Rose! Please leave a message after the beep." I heard her tell me.

Closing my eyes, I groaned in annoyance because she was probably too busy making out instead of checking her phone. Even if she didn't pick up, I decided to leave her a voicemail.

"Hey, the bouncer just escorted me out of the club. I think I'm going home, so I'll see you in the morning." I said and ended the call.

There was no need for me to stay around because everyone was enjoying themselves inside. They wouldn't go somewhere else seeing that I was the only one who had to leave. Also, Rose's classmates barely knew me so they would, most definitely, not head out.