Desire - chapter 08

Taking my leather jacket off the coat rack I could smell the bacon and eggs my mother was preparing, which was mouthwatering. Once I stepped inside the kitchen, she put a plate down on the table for me.

"Here you go." She said, smiling happily.

I figured her bubbly attitude was caused by the wonderful day she had yesterday. To be at the barbeque with her daughter and the man she 'loved', had been everything she wanted. I had ended up there because, in a moment of weakness, I had promised her to be there which had resulted in spending time with Marc, Phill, and Harry – all separately.

I had done a very exceptional job at avoiding Phill by coming up with stupid chores I needed to do for Francis. And if she didn't have a task for me, I'd hide at the kids' table because no one would come and look for me at that spot. Marc had been less of a pain in the ass this time, but that was because of Harry who seemed to want to have me to himself. And today, he'd have me to himself... again.

"For how long will you be gone today?" My mother asked.

"I have no idea." I answered. "Harry said it might take the whole day seeing he wants to visit shops that are out of town."

"I'll put some leftovers in the refrigerator then."

"Thank you." I told her.

"No problem, darling." She spoke. "I wish I could stay longer, but I have to go because my shift starts in thirty minutes." Quickly she began to pack her lunch and took her keys off the counter. When she was about to leave the house, she turned to me and a warm smile crossed her features. "Thank you for yesterday, Sofia. I'm glad you were there."

Instead of answering her, I nodded whilst smiling which was enough.

Hearing the door being closed, I let out a heavy breath. I pushed my breakfast away because I noticed I didn't have an appetite anymore. My mother's breakfast had been amazing, but I couldn't get any more bites down my throat.

Leaning back in the chair, I stared ahead of myself and thought about the fact I'd be spending time with Harry the entire day. Normally I'd have a cramped schedule on Mondays because I'd have most of my classes, but they had moved all my classes to Thursday.

The longer I sat downstairs, the more time passed by. I didn't want to get up, brush my teeth, and cross the street. I almost wanted to text Harry saying I was feeling under the weather, but he'd immediately know it was a lie and show up on my doorstep.

Despite lacking motivation, I went to get my notebook and bag, so I'd be ready to pass the street.

When I walked up to Harry's house he already opened the front door, making me raise my eyebrows at once.

"For how long have you been standing behind your front door?" I asked as I approached him.

"You should greet people before asking them questions." Harry told me with a strict voice. Harry stepped out of his house, put gum in his mouth, and put his sunglasses in front of his spellbinding eyes.

It surprised me to see him walk over to me with so much confidence. For a moment he was unbelievably close and I could almost feel his hand touching my ass, so I held my breath. However, I released it when he continued towards his car with an amused smile.

Raising his sunglasses for a second, he looked me straight in the eyes. "I'd keep my hands off of you, remember?" he recalled, knowing exactly what he was doing. Then he hid his eyes and took a seat behind the steering wheel.

"Asshole." I muttered in annoyance.

Once I sat down on the passenger seat, I was taken back when Harry came close again.