Desire - chapter 09

He dropped me off but didn't care to say goodbye.

Instead of parting ways by having a short conversation, his back was turned to me once he got out of his car. I saw him walking to his front door, unlocking it, and shutting it without looking back.

Standing on his porch, nothing made sense to me. Was this the result of me asking a simple question? I wish I could justify his actions, his behavior, but I couldn't. I didn't know why my question flipped a switch and turned him into somebody else.

Besides still having to calm myself down after his outburst, it truly bothered me I had done something wrong in his eyes and deserved to be treated like this.

As I was thinking about today, I knew there was nothing I could do about it. If this was how Harry wanted to react towards me, then there wasn't much I could change.

Luckily, once I stepped inside of my home, I could sit down and distract myself by watching a movie. However, I knew that would be impossible seeing that my mother was sitting on the couch watching a reality show.

"Oh, hey, Sofia. You're home early." she said.

"Yeah." I whispered, almost inaudibly.

"There's dinner in the fridge." She mentioned, and I totally forgot she had saved the leftovers for me.

"I'm not hungry yet." I told her, which I wasn't. Not because I had already eaten something with Harry, but because the entire situation had caused me to lose my appetite.

"Did something happen?" She questioned me, concern lingering in her voice.

"No, mom." I told her and shooting her a smile. "It's nothing you should fret about." I added before walking to the hallway, so I could escape to my bedroom. "I think I'm going to bed, because I am quite exhausted. I will see you tomorrow at breakfast."

"Yes, that's okay." She replied instead of starting her interrogation. "Goodnight, Sofia."

"Goodnight, mom." I told her and went upstairs.

My phone buzzed boisterously after I let myself fall on my bed.

"What's up?" I said through the phone.

"Hello to you, Sofia." Rose said. "Is my red bra still at your place? I haven't seen it for days, so I think I forgot it when I stayed the night." And I heard her going back and forth in her room. It was no surprise she lost it, again.

"I will have a look. Give me a sec." I assured her and walked to my drawers. After opening them, I hastily searched through my underwear but there wasn't anything in there that belonged to Rose. "I don't have it. I can't find it in my room."

"Maybe it's still stuck in the laundry basket. I haven't looked there yet." Rose mentioned, and I rolled my eyes. Of course, she called me first to ask if I had it because it has always been her lucky bra and she usually wears it during a night out. "How has your day been?" She then questioned me.

"I don't feel like talking about it." I admitted.

"What has happened, Sofia?" Rose asked.

"Rose.." I started.

"I'm not taking a no for an answer." She told me in a strict voice. "It seems like you need to get something off your chest, so you should tell me what's going on."

I knew she wanted me to open up because she knew it would keep me up all night if I didn't. Moving myself to the edge of my bed, I kept my phone steady against my ear. I had to tell her about the barbeque first before I could move on to today. That's why I told her Harry had given me two options, made me go shopping with him, and dismissed a simple question I wanted to be answered. During my explanation, she stayed quiet on the other end of the line as I felt indignant.