Desire - chapter 04

Desire - chapter 04

The sound of someone's feet touching the wooden floor caused me to wake up. As I frequently blinked to clear my blurry vision, I noticed Harry gathering his belongings. The morning light gained access through the parted dark blue colored curtains which hung in front of the window. I felt the sunlight tickle my exposed leg seeing that it wasn't covered by the blanket Harry had given me last night.

The mattresses in the living room weren't comfortable enough for a good night's sleep, so I crashed next to him.

"Good morning." I said, my voice was tender.

I locked eyes with Harry for a moment before he continued packing his bag.

"What time is it?" I wondered, I couldn't find my phone near me.

"It's six in the morning, Sofia." He responded with a low tremor in his voice.

At first, I yawned and thought about staying in bed for another hour, but this wasn't my home therefore I couldn't go back to sleep. That's why I sat up and focused on Harry. The way he moved around the house was somehow entertaining to watch. He seemed so in control.

"You can find coffee and breakfast in the kitchen. I wish I could join you, but I've got to go to work."

"Yeah, okay." I muttered. "Thank you."

"Thank you for staying the night." Harry replied. "I'll see you soon." He added before taking his jacket, bag, and keys. "Have a good day, Sofia." Somehow, then and there, I heard sadness creeping its way into his voice.

"You too, Harry." Was the only thing I could say before he disappeared and I heard the front door falling shut. The length of our interaction was slightly upsetting because he had left within minutes.

I moved toward the window to look at Harry getting himself settled in his car. He covered his stunning evergreen eyes behind dark shades, which added more mystery to his appearance. Then he pulled out of the driveway and joined the other cars on the street.

Being left alone in his house was definitely weird, especially without the lack of furniture. It felt like we had snuck into an abandoned house seeing it didn't feel like a proper home yet.

I strolled through the kitchen where I found the breakfast Harry had prepared. I filled a cup with coffee, which was still hot, and wrapped my fingers tightly around it as I took a seat on the barstool. My eyes spotted the fresh toast and strawberries. A little handwritten note laid beside it therefore I brought it closer to me.

All yours. H.

His number was scribbled underneath the note. I assume he wanted me to have it for emergencies or when I'd have an idea for his house.

The brewed coffee and toast were delicious. The hot beverage was strong enough to wake me up at this time of day while the food filled my empty and rumbling stomach. Besides that, I was taken back by his small gesture to leave me a decent breakfast.

I decided to text him later today; to thank him. But for now, I wanted to examine his house. Despite the fact it was anything but respectful to roam through someone else's house without permission, I wanted to have a closer look while Harry was away. In the moments I had been here, he had been present too. Harry's presence had managed to distract me multiple times already.

In daylight, this house was magnificently different compared to the moment when the night sky hovered above the city. This house had potential. It was spacious, incredibly modern, and the previous owners had taken perfect care of this lot.