27 - Wedding

**Unedited**

My hand rested in Damir's elbow as we made our way through the halls of the palace. Almost all of the servants had hidden themselves away or were waiting for me to arrive at our wedding. I strolled through the castle, my heels clicking on the floor. Damir's footfalls matched mine, and I was glad to have him by my side. We made our way to the door to the gardens. There was ample open space in the gardens where sometimes events took place, and we were so lucky to have our wedding held there.

In weeks past, we had hosted different Alphas and even Alphas from other kingdoms, and now the next event hosted was focused on Griffin and me.

We stopped at the doors, and Damir turned and pressed his lips to my forehead. "You're going to rule wonderfully, Queen Alena."

I smiled sweetly. "Thank you, Alpha Damir."

A blush covered his cheeks at the title, and the doors were pulled open from the outside, ending our conversation effectively. I stepped out into the sunshine, Damir matching my pace.

Across the garden, I could see our friends and family all sitting with their backs to me, and I watched Griffin chatter nervously with Sebastian, who was officiating our wedding. I watched the musicians realize that I was walking out, and the music changed to the usual wedding march. I made my way down the aisle, smiling at my friends as I inched closer to my crowned fiance, who would be my husband in a matter of minutes.

Griffin finally turned to see me, and his hand immediately covered his mouth in shock. I grinned at him, my eyes welling with tears immediately. Almost too quickly, Damir and I stood in front of Griffin and Sebastian. I passed my bouquet to Damir and stepped to take Griffin's hands.

"Who brings this woman to be married to this man?" Sebastian asked, looking to Damir. I turned to face my brother and watched his eyes fill with tears.

He spoke softly, "Her brother, along with her late mother and father." A tear rolled down my cheek at his words. Griffin's hand lifted and wiped the tear gently.

"Thank you." Sebastian dipped his head, and the wedding was silent for just a second out of reverence.

"Welcome, honorable guests, as we join King Griffin Nocleotune and Queen Alena Nocleotune in holy matrimony." He began, and my face turned to Griffin's, a broad smile crossing my face. Griffin's grin matched mine, and we listened as Sebastian spoke.

"We have all had the gracious honor to watch Griffin and Alena grow in their relationship together. Because we are bestowed upon each other as soulmates, we know that marriages are not necessary. Even with that information, it is a courageous act to stand before friends and family to proclaim and affirm this bond."

Griffin's hand squeezed mine, and I squeezed back.

**Are you listening to what he's saying?** I asked in the mind link, blinking slowly at my mate.

A mischievous grin crossed his face. **I may simply be observing my beautiful mate.** I rolled my eyes and turned back to Sebastian.

My previous Alpha smiled at me. "Now, we will witness Griffin and Alena declare their intent to wed." He first looked to Griffin. "Do you, Griffin, take Alena to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, reserving yourself for her for as long as you both shall live?"

Griffin's eyes met mine, a bright twinkle filling the sea of blue. "I do."

Sebastian looked at me, but I kept my eyes locked on Griffin's. "Do you, Alena, take Griffin to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, reserving yourself for him for as long as you both shall live?"