Coming Out

"Since I figured out who I am, I've been thinking of telling my parents," Odd told them nonchalantly as everyone sat down for lunch, "I just don't know how they'll take it," they shoved a spoon full of mashed potatoes into their mouth. "I don't know whether I want them to accept me or not. Even though I'd want there to be something between us, but I want to be able to be me," the rest of the group had heard of their partner's overly accepting and supportive parents. "They know about our relationship I knew there would be no problem with that." Odd's parents had close friends who were in a similar relationship. That's how they knew that they could all be together.

"I never thought about what my parents would think of all, well... this," Ulrich shrugged, then looked down. "My dad probably won't like it, you know how strict he is," he sighed. Everyone there knew of the strained relationship between the two of them, he was never good enough for his dad.

"I have no idea what my parents will think," Jeremie began, "their always very supportive of everything I choose to do, but I think that this is a bit different," he mused.

"Guys! I have a great idea!" Odd grinned.

"That would be a first," Ulrich smirked.

After a moment's display of fake hurt, they continued. "What if we all tell our families about us on the same day and if it's a problem we can just return to the past and they'd never know!"

"Hm, that's actually a well thought out Idea," Jeremie praised. "We can do this tonight if that's fine with everyone, this is something that I'd rather get over with," he admitted nervously.

"Can't it wait until, lets say Thursday?" the other bond asked.

"What's so special about Thursday?" Yumi asked.

"We have a big test in biology then and I like to be optimistic but someone's probably going to need a return to the past and I want to know what's on the test before I take it," they shrugged.

"Oh Odd, You know that's cheating," Aelita responded gently.

"I like to think of it as... selective studding!" they justified.

"And if every one is supportive?" Ulrich crooked his eyebrow.

"Oh, Ulrich, my dear, I will accept a million failed tests if it meant that our love can be seen by all!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After classes on Thursday

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They came to the consensus that they were to be alone when they came out. Jeremie was in his room, Ulrich was alone in his and Odd's room. Odd was with Kiwi, out towards the edge of campus, where he would be away from people, and Yumi was at her house. The reason the brunet got the room instead of Odd, is if something went wrong with Ulrich's call he would just stay outside grabbing clumps of grass for hours brooding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremie's room

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After taking a deep breath he dialed his home number.

"Hello?" his mother answered the phone.

"Um uh, hi mom, there's something that I want to talk to you and dad about,"

"I'll get him, but is something wrong?" she asked

"No, or at least I hope not"

"You're on speaker,"