That Little string

AN

This is a Lyoko doesn't exist red string of fate AU. Aelita is still the same age as them. I'm making Odd and Aelita not related, as they are in their cannon cover story, they're just people who met when they were young and stick together because they knew that they are soulmates.

I'm sorry this is not up to my usual standards, I hope you enjoy it regardless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremie's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was common knowledge that everyone had a little red string coming off of their left pinkie finger that will connect to their soul mate as soon as they meet them, I just assumed that different people have different definitions of little. His string covered the entire width of his finger. I didn't put too much thought into it. Romance was one area that I did not particularly care for. I decided that his time was better spent on things of which had more concrete guidelines like math and science. My interest isolated me from peers, and I was fine with that. My parents, on the other hand, not so much, so when I was going into eighth grade My parents decided to send me to Kadic Academy. Hoping that I might make some friends in a different environment. I was not happy with the situation until the first day of classes and noticed that my red string was stretched out, joining the hand of a boy who appeared to be my age. He had brown hair and wore baggy clothing. He was definitely not the type of person I thought would be my soul mate. They do say not to judge a book by its cover, so I went up to talk to him. His hands were in his pockets, so he didn't seem to notice our link.

"Hello, my name is Jeremie Belpois, and it appears that we are soul mates," I held up my hand showing the string.

He took his left hand out of his pocket and saw that they did indeed concert. "Yeah, I guess we are, I'm Ulrich Stern," he introduced himself. At that exact moment, I was more interested in our strings than him.

"That unusual," he raised an eyebrow in confusion, I continued, "both of our strings are thick but only a fourth of our strings connect," I elaborated.

"Yeah, I guess that is weird," he shrugged it off, not seeming to particularly care too much. I, on the other hand, did. Unfortunately, I could not find anything on the topic or at least nothing positive on the issue.

Over the next few weeks, we got to know each other. Although we didn't have much in common, we got along just fine. Ulrich taught me how to interact with people, a skill that I never put much effort into learning, and I helped him get his grades up he was smart, but standard teaching methods didn't work for him. he was not the best student, but I did my best to help him understand the concepts.

As for how our relationship blossomed, I was not ready to go very far, we never went any farther than short close mouth kisses. We both agreed that something was missing in our relationship but couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly.

That was until two new students arrived at Kadic. A boy with blond hair with a patch of purple. We wore mostly purple, the other was a girl with pink hair that was also wearing all pink. I noticed immediately that I could their strings connecting. I had never seen anyone else's string. Then I noticed their strings reaching out to Ulrich and my hands. Very interesting, I could see the surprise on their faces when they noticed what was going on. I turned to face my boyfriend, who was looking back at me, with his version of a confused face. That was due to the fact that none of us had any idea what was going on.

When class ended the four of us stayed behind to figure this out. "I'm Odd Della Robbia and this is Aelita Stones! And you are?"

She smiled sweetly, we all did and each of us was connected to the other three. Very interesting, but what was more interesting was that we all also had a small section of our strings still on our fingers.